tanks online f2p

• Please log in to reply
757 replies to this topic

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 882 posts
  • LocationSydney

I have been considering going down multi SPG lines, and i've heard the Brits have a higher arc, but shorter range.  seems like it could be worth while.

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationScone NSW Australia

If I remember correctly I think the Brits have more a flatter trajectory, hence the shorter range. But don't quote me, for some reason I can't get onto the wargaming wiki on my work PC atm to confirm.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Generally, flatter trajectory means longer range. British arty sort of lobs shells up in the air. Higher arc means they're more able to hit tanks behind cover, and more likely to hit a tank on top where armor is weaker, but the shells travel quite a bit slower. 

German arty is the complete opposite. Very flat trajectory, but very high shell speed.

• Seige likes this

signature.png

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

was fooling around with my Wespe last night before the *5 finished, I went ok I think.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLouisville

I really didn't do okay. Disappointing event on my end. Only had a handful of good matches, otherwise it was so-so. Did get a 5,200 xp round in my ISU-152, non-prem account, so there's that at least. Was hoping to get to the Bulldog and it's second gun, but it wasn't meant to be.

signature.png

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Haven't played a game with my Cromwell now it's got the top gun on it, should be fun. If I can get 2 good games in tonight ( prior to and after dailies reset ) with my Panzer IV H I should be able to unlock, if not purchase, the VK 30.01P. Still grinding my KV-1S to unlock the KV-85.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLouisville

I'm starting up the British MT line myself. Bouncing between that and the new US LT line. Started the Soviet MT line, but I'm completely burned out on the T-43. 

I've heard the Cromwell is a great tank. 

signature.png

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

It is sooooo much fun its hard to believe. Think the pure agility and speed of the Chaffee or possibly the ELC, but with a medium's hp, with a 75mm cannon that will punch through and average of 145mm armour, hit for an average of 135 damage per shot and shoot at 15 rpm.

Compared to the tank that preceded it, it is cheese and chalk. I did not enjoy the grind of the covenanter or the crusader but I wanted the Cromwell so i had to take the bad before I got the good.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 882 posts
  • LocationSydney

That 500m range on the Loyd GC ... i'm being out ranged by Light Tanks :P

• Seige likes this

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

The British artillery do have some odd characteristics, and some of the mid tier ones have pretty interesting perks to offset the short range. The Birch Gun gets a turret. The Bishop is quite well-armored for a tier 5 SPG. The FV304 is as fast and nimble as some light tanks, and the Crusader SP can conduct a full-speed withdrawal due to its backwards chassis and still be ready to shotgun any pursuit.

Decided to buy the Churchill I on a whim last night. I'm not entirely certain why, other than the fact that I already have the majority of the guns, engines and radios for that line unlocked from grinding up to the FV4202. Also the fact that the FV215b is supposed to be replaced by the Chieftain, another tank I have a fondness for. Of course, I made the same mistake that a lot of Tiger fanboys do when I went for the Centurion and didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

I had a match in the Churchill I on Widepark last night where I earned a High Caliber in spite of only living about two and a half minutes into a six minute game, and had over 900 damage blocked by armor before I went down.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLouisville

I have the birch gun, thought about going to the FV304 and stopping there. I have the Lorr 155 50, bout 12k from the 155 51. I started the line a looooong time ago, but since burnt out on arty. Now I just play them if I'm eating cheesecake or something. I also had the GW Tiger, back when arty only went up to 8. Back before the massive HE nerf. Sold it to have the $ for the KV-4 iirc, rebought it months ago, played 10 rounds and resold it. The gun trajectory is just so straight on the later German spgs that a lot of the maps feel very unforgiving.

I also have a fully upgraded Church I in my garage. Not really working up the line, just playing every once in a while and making my way. I liked the idea of a decently agile DPM heavy, as opposed to the heavies I'm used to.

signature.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 882 posts
  • LocationSydney
I just wish I could skip to a Heavy Tank. I'm atrocious at LT game play, mediocre at best for MT. To have to play through 4+ Tiers of being spanked is frustrating to get to tanks that might not be one shot if I over extend slightly.

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Bought the VK 30.01P last night but didn't do any runs in it as the mini patch, and the subsequent masses of ppl trying to log back into the servers was causing so much lag the game was damn near unplayable. That being said I'm usually running at the 200-250ms ping cause I'm an aussie.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 882 posts
  • LocationSydney
Aussie pride. Aiming where the enemy might be based on old information. Hard Mode!

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

I know of some americans who just go ape shit if there ping gets over 50ms. If I was playing WoT with a ping of ~50ms I'd be shooting people at point B while they are at point A before they decide to drive to point B.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 882 posts
  • LocationSydney

ugh I'm not sure I can step back into Tier I-IV SPG's.

the lack of any splash is killing me and how close I need to be in the British line especially.

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Heh, I'm still running with 2 tier III SPG's, the Sexton III and the Wespe, what is this splash your talking about? ;)

Started to play the VK30.01P and it is arguably the most painful tank I've tried to grind so far. It is hideously slow, so I'm getting tracked, artied, circle of death'd repeatedly. Now that I have the 8,8cm gun for it all I can do is hang back, bout 100m or so from a heavy or two and snipe to support. Maybe once I upgrade the tracks and motor it will improve ( upgraded the gun first as I could do so without upgrading the tracks ).

Bought my KV-85 on the weekend as well, all going to plan I'll have the new turret shortly, then the tracks, then the 100mm gun afterwards. Loved the fact that the radios and engines all weighed the same amount and I had them unlocked from the KV-1S so they went on straight away.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 882 posts
  • LocationSydney

It's always that little bit annoying where you have an individually fantastic game ,but the team over all loses.  You then follow it up wit ha mediocre game where you make little impact, and that is the game that your team wins to lose the x2 multiplier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users