tanks online f2p

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 695 posts
  • LocationSydney
It's incredibly frustrating. I can't even spot for some xp because the Tier 6 TD's get there while my crew has jumped out to push my tank up the slight incline

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I FINALLY OWN THE MAUS! God bless weekend bonuses, earning so much in such a short time.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

I FINALLY OWN THE MAUS! God bless weekend bonuses, earning so much in such a short time.

and how is it?

I lurk, therefore I am.

Space Engineers Server Info

MC Tekkit server coming soon

TeamSpeak: kelarius.no-ip.info

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

and how is it?

It's a moving brick of solidified "screw you". Seriously. You just roll around and laugh as the rounds plink, and even when they get through you have 3000 freaking hitpoints so it barely phases you. The 128mm gun is a bit small by tier X standards but it's still handily capable of penetrating any tier X frontally if you know where to aim. Caps out at 20kmh speed limit but has great specific power so it can actually outrun some tanks on irregular terrain.

I generally just keep enemies angled to my hull, and, here's the really odd thing about the Maus, its turret armor is best when turret is presented at an angle, so I actually turn my turret to the side when reloading, and only swing back on target when a shell is ready to fire. The Maus really does take the phrase "Turning the other cheek" to heart. It's a tank that's designed to cater to Armor Freaks who specialize in positioning their tank to deflect shots.

Also it looks beautiful since it got the HD treatment. I'm spending half the time just in the garage moving the camera around to admire the model and texture.

I also kept the VK4502B because after the last update it's hilarious, the frontal armor is seemingly even better then the Maus is despite being a tier lower. There are some small weakspots, but people haven't figured them out yet.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts
Turning your turret like that is a good strategy for most German tanks, it's saved me many times in me tiger ii and e 75

I lurk, therefore I am.

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Turning your turret like that is a good strategy for most German tanks, it's saved me many times in me tiger ii and e 75

Eh... it can help a little I suppose, but the side armor on the turret is not particularly thick on those tanks like it is on the Maus, it's like a 3-1 ratio of front to side armor. Turning the turret 15 degrees to either side might improve your deflection, but past that, the enemy will have a far better chance of penetrating your angled turret sides then he did your turret front at a flat angle. One must account for Normalization and Overmatch.

One thing I've only recently discovered is the exact way that Draw Distance works for enemy tanks on this game, and it's the most idiotic thing ever. Unlike your view range, which is a circle around your tank, the draw distance is a 1000x1000m square that is centered on your tank and does not rotate. So an enemy who is 501m precisely south of your position and being spotted by teammates will be invisible, but one who is 630m to the southeast and is being spotted is not. Still, until Wargaming gets off their asses and fixes it, you can configure XVM to show your draw distance box, which is one of the many useful features it offers.

mini-map-mod.jpg

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts

Yeah thats some bullshit there, I've heard in the past the the Devs say the engine cant handle a longer draw distance however I feel the need to call bullshit as Arty players can and will draw objects on the exact opposite end of the map.

On a lighter note, Pz B2 platoons are the shit, been playing with a couple of random people and we rape everything in our path, something like 7:8 win rate

I lurk, therefore I am.

Tindertwig

Tindertwig

• Legacy Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Yeah thats some bullshit there, I've heard in the past the the Devs say the engine cant handle a longer draw distance however I feel the need to call bullshit as Arty players can and will draw objects on the exact opposite end of the map.

On a lighter note, Pz B2 platoons are the shit, been playing with a couple of random people and we rape everything in our path, something like 7:8 win rate

The draw distance is from your camera view. For arty, the camera moves across the map to allow them to see something farther away than a normal tanks could, while the camera for other tanks is permanently attached to the tank. So both types of tanks have the same view range. Arty just gets to move their camera around the map.

Formerly Abyssaldeath

signature.png

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts

Holy shit:

http://worldoftanks....e-improvements/

Premium tanks are getting not only a crew experience boost of x1.5 but also a variable battle experience boost (anywhere from x1.7 to 1.05), basically turning premiums into monster crew levelers.

Also, latest rumor (I cant find a link, sorry) says that owners of the FV4202 would get it as a premium when they replace it at tier 10, and that will likely happen in 9.4

GET TO GRINDING.

I lurk, therefore I am.

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Good. I like that they're making the low tier premiums more viable as XP earners/crew trainers. Most of my premium fleet is tier V or below.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Just saw the Jingles vid about the next update. I may have mentioned I'm a big Chaffee fan; almost 2,000 fights in the little devil. So I'm thrilled about the extended US light tank line. I might start playing regularly again. Lately my gametime has been devoted to War Thunder... not ground forces, just flying.

One of those is like a faster Chaffee with a 152mm derpgun. A stand-in for the Sheridan tank with it's AT Shillelagh missiles. It'll be hilarious.

Too bad about the Chaffee gun nerf, but the 77kph speed buff will be interesting.

I'm going ahead and playing on it while it's still an exp monster.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts

Oh I'm stoked for the M41 and T49, the last one looks like amazing fun. 

A KV-2 that moves at 70kph at tier 8 that can fire HEAT rounds as standard, whats not to love?

I lurk, therefore I am.

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Aim time, rate of fire, and accuracy, from what I've seen so far ;)

Has anyone else played the T-34-1? Stock, it's quite possibly one of the biggest turds in the game. It carries over the Type 58's gun, but somehow turns the mildly annoying 2.3 second aim time into a derp gun esque 2.9 second aim time, but only for the stock turret. Of course, upgrading the turret requires either the track upgrade or a suspension equipment.

I picked up the E-25 during a recent discount, and holy hellhounds is it an amazing machine. The alpha damage isn't great, but the accuracy and rate of fire make the machine a terrifying thing. I got an ace tanker in it a few days ago, and even in most of my losses I can still feel like I did well.

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Has anyone else played the T-34-1? Stock, it's quite possibly one of the biggest turds in the game. It carries over the Type 58's gun, but somehow turns the mildly annoying 2.3 second aim time into a derp gun esque 2.9 second aim time, but only for the stock turret. Of course, upgrading the turret requires either the track upgrade or a suspension equipment.

I picked up the E-25 during a recent discount, and holy hellhounds is it an amazing machine. The alpha damage isn't great, but the accuracy and rate of fire make the machine a terrifying thing. I got an ace tanker in it a few days ago, and even in most of my losses I can still feel like I did well.

Try it in a platoon of 3. Together you have an effective reload time of .8 seconds. lol.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts

Those are all about the same if not better than the KV-2. It really is a much more mobile KV-2, 2 tiers higher.

:D

I lurk, therefore I am.

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

New mode coming. Oh this is gonna be so stupidly fun.

Edit: Free 300 gold for password change event again, even if you've changed password in past events you can still get the gold for this one.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts

Gentletanks, START YOUR ENGINES!

Rally mode rolled out, and it is a RIOT. I stuck a spare vertical stabilizer, gun rammer, and vents on mine and now i can reliably hit even while on the move and usually can get 4-500 damage before even getting to the cap.

Im 15 wins into the 50 win mission and by the time I'm done with that I'm going to have a killer chaffee crew, which just so happens to be the USA light tank I'm working on right now.

EDIT: And then I was banned for an hour for team damage... Sigh...

I didn't MEAN to hit my allies, just kind of happens that way when I'm trying to drive and shoot at the same time

I lurk, therefore I am.

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I'm continuing to love the E-25 :) Even if it doesn't quite match the Jagdtiger 88 in credits, I find it much more enjoyable to play. Never quite got the hang of using the Jagdtiger 88.

Is anyone else going to buy the Fury sherman?

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I did. I needed the extra gold for next time the JT88 goes on sale, and it's a fun little medium. Just sucks it doesn't get preferential matchmaking, it's kinda helpless in tier VIII matches.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 613 posts

I just cant bring myself to buy it, its not really any better than the normal E8 and I can get that gold and more for half the price. Im not really interested in running my USA Medium crews anymore anyways (and I already have 2 US premium meds)

I lurk, therefore I am.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users