tanks online f2p

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I've been thinking about grabbing XVM, if only so I know a bit more about which on my team I can't rely on, and which enemies I need to kill first. By its standards, I'm probably on the upper edge of orange, actually.

Interestingly enough, I once ended up in a random match on a team with my girlfriend's dad. We each knew the other played and under what name, though I didn't realize who it was until near the end of the match. Each of us had five kills.

I just picked up some gold, probably going to grab the Ram II since it's 50% off this weekend. I tried it out on the test server and found it pretty solid, even if it lacks preferential matchmaking. I'm also considering getting the Panzer B2 for the novelty. Been working way more hours than I want lately, might as well spend the money on something.

Tindertwig

Tindertwig

• Legacy Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationFlorida

RAMII is boss. Put a rammer and vents on it and your reload will be under two seconds.

Formerly Abyssaldeath

signature.png

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 500 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

Pz B2 is awesome too, it's like a maus at tier 4. It's made of absolute win.

I lurk, therefore I am.

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Snagged the M3 Lend Lease Light bundle, put the extra gold towards finally adding a Lowe to my collection, Also some more slots just for the heck of it.

Figure I'll save the remaining 850 gold for the low tier premium Grosstraktor that sounds like it might be coming soon.

So in total, I've obtained the T-15, E 25, M3 Lend Lease, and Lowe.

Good stuff. Now with the Lowe I have two true powerhouse credit earners to bounce between when power grinding, plus the Lowe is actually for a nation I'm interested in working on unlike the T34.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Apparently I was in a game with Risk last night. Unfortunately, I didn't see his message until I was about to log off for the night. The messaging system needs to be made more obvious. I hope I did well in the match, because that would be embarrassing otherwise.

If I remember right you were in your 1S and did about 2k in a T8 match, I'd say that was damn good by any means. I was poking around in my T71, deathstrafing some poor T29 towards the end. Good times.

@XVM. I went for a very long time without it. If I saw 30%, I was counting on a loss before the match even began. I know it's not always accurate, but a 20-30% team will lose a majority of the time. I have it again, but I try not to let it be a buzzkill.

Plus it shows who on my team I can depend on, and who on the enemy team should be on the receiving end of my gun. If two tanks pop and one has a 300 rating and the other has 2000, I know who needs to die first.

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Any of you guys interested in a promo code for the Tetrarch, 7 days of premium time, and 500 gold, FOR THE 360 VERSION of world of tanks? Does not work on PC. I happened to get a card from an event during E3.

Thinking of a number between 1-100.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 500 posts

People actually play that?

my guess is 3721 because I dont have an xbox

I lurk, therefore I am.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 500 posts

Kinda getting pissed about the lack of players in the historical battle queue on the NA server, Im almost tempted to start up an EU account just to get a chance in hell of playing one.

Anyone else been itching to get into HBs?

I lurk, therefore I am.

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I'm thinking they just need to change how you start them. The reason no one plays Historical Battles is the same reason why no one plays Company Battles, it is too much effort to form your own team in a dedicated queue when 95% of the playerbase are all in the Random Battle queue. They need to draw from that queue in order for the modes to work. Have it so you can still form Company Teams or specifically pick historical Battles, but have it so people waiting in the Random Battle matchmaker can also be assigned to Historical Battles teams if they're driving compatible vehicles, and if a Company is waiting in matchmaker with no other companies to play against, have it place them against a randomly formed Random team.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 500 posts

So, im curious, is everyone in a clan already? With Strongholds coming now (and finally being able to commit some time to it) I'm thinking about getting into one.

I lurk, therefore I am.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationLouisville

I haven't joined a clan and I'm 15,000 games in. I wouldn't know which to choose. Would prefer the majority of players are around my skill level (or above). I platoon with unicums here and there (Captain_Locke from these forums for one), and I can hold my own, but next to them I feel totally inferior at times. Some of these people act like they don't have a good game if they don't get a Mastery or Top Gun every game.

Tindertwig

Tindertwig

• Legacy Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationFlorida

You could take a look at Kimbo if you are just looking for a clan to platoon with. It's a sister clan to Limbo and Jimbo. You need a recent WN8 of 1600 which it looks like you qualify for. We have a Teamspeak server that we all share. Everyone is pretty laid back and easy to get along with. In fact we have had members leave because we are too nice. Odd, but true. Jimbo is our clan wars clan, but you need a WN8 of at least 2000. Same for Limbo, except we don't do clan wars. Technically, my stats only qualify me for Kimbo, but I got grandfathered in.

I'm not a recruiter, so I have no say in the matter, but if anyone is interested checkout the recruitment thread on the WoT forums.

http://forum.worldof...bo-kimbo-limbo/

Formerly Abyssaldeath

signature.png

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 500 posts

I'd forgotten how awesome the T49 can be, working on the T110E4 mission and got a 1100 exp (x5'd and on prem) match in it, completely making an Excelsior my bitch dog fighting him with on my own.

I lurk, therefore I am.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 500 posts

Im really getting fed up with random battles right now, im on an epic losing streak maybe winning 1 in 10 battles right now trying to grind out my E 50. Even when I do manage to pull off a decent performance in that bear of a grind of a tank my team invariably manages to fail right off the fucking cliff.

If this keeps up Im gonna have to swear off WoT again for a while, Im just getting pissed off more than enjoying it anymore.

I lurk, therefore I am.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationLouisville

I'm about to that point myself. I log on, play my daily doubles on a handful of tanks, and log out. Not really grinding to anything, just playing out of habit and because there's not much else that interests me right now.

I was thinking about getting into the mediums. Got the T-43 after grinding the KV-13- which wasn't a grind really, I derped, and used prems 1/2 the time which was so satisfying. The T-43 is just.. eh. It's average in every way. Thought about going for the Leopard, now up to the VK 3002D. I hate that tank so much, and I actually enjoyed the T6 VK. But this... It's just horrible. It isn't particularly fast, can't see that far, and the gun selection is dismal. 

Since I don't get off work till latelate a lot of the time nowadays, I end up playing with a lot of spanish speaking players. So not only have I had a string of terrible games, I don't even know what the hell half my team is saying most of the time.

I'm considering uninstalling to force myself to break a month or two. 

BDNeon

BDNeon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Im really getting fed up with random battles right now, im on an epic losing streak maybe winning 1 in 10 battles right now trying to grind out my E 50. Even when I do manage to pull off a decent performance in that bear of a grind of a tank my team invariably manages to fail right off the fucking cliff.

If this keeps up Im gonna have to swear off WoT again for a while, Im just getting pissed off more than enjoying it anymore.

I didn't have that much of a hard time in the E50, I just hung back from the tier 10s and harassed them with the excellent gun from long range, and against the VIIs and some of the VIII's I'd play the bully and just ram em to death. Finished it ages ago but didn't have the credits nor incentive to buy the E50M, but now since it's on a rare tier X sale I'm trying to eke out the 4mil I need to buy it, though even with 2 tier 8 premiums it's gonna take a little effort since my premium account finally expired after prolonging it for a month with all these missions and stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users