tanks online f2p

• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 414 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

So the Valentine 2 is on sale for the ridiculously low price of 250 gold in the in-game store, it will only see tier 4 matches (you will always be top tier) so if you want a good "For the LOLz" tank pick it up, it's better armored than the Pz B2 and is smaller!

Also worth noting that you can pick up a 100% crew for this thing for 300 gold this weekend too, and since it's a light tank it's modules are also very cheap, I put on a camo net, spall liner, and vents I think for a grand total of around 200k creds.

I lurk, therefore I am.

BDNeon

BDNeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Better armored then the B2? PERHAPS to the front.... but once you get to the sides or rear.... there's a juicy spot that even tier II guns can penetrate. And considering how slow the Valentine is, flanking it is a cinch.

Valentine_II_rear_left_zps6d0c4076.jpg

Anyway I'm back to playing this after a long hiatus. I certainly have plenty of time now that I'm no longer employed. :(

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 414 posts

Heh I wasn't aware that the rear armor on the Valentine II was so bad, damned lying stats. I only just installed Tank Inspector, it's a whopping 17mm thick above the engine deck in the back you werent kidding. Oh well, pretend youre driving a claymore and it's still a really good buy at 250 gold.

Now that you're playing again look me up sometime we should Pz B2 toon (or go full Jingles and TOG toon)

EDIT: Im closing in on the E-75 and I'm trying to decide if I should keep my Tiger II or sell it...

I lurk, therefore I am.

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Somehow or another, half my ace tanker badges end up being in machines I don't really like. M3 Lee, Crusader, and now the AMX12t, in which my win rating is <40%. I think 'scout' tanks either need buffing or scout MM needs to go, but every once in awhile I manage to do well enough to surprise myself.

8,300 damage spotted, Scout, and Patrol Duty. 1300 XP earned, most of anyone in the match, plus it was an event so my first win of the day was 3x.

BDNeon

BDNeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Badass, they're working on a SERIOUS update to physics, this shit looks insane.

• Tindertwig and kelarius like this

BDNeon

BDNeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

World of Tanks is doing the traditional April Fools thing, only this time around, the April Fools joke is PLAYABLE. No, really. I just did a few battles today. It's in your garage. I shit you not.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 414 posts

Well I got into the WOTBlitz beta but they dont have an android version yet :(

I lurk, therefore I am.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Hey ya'll. Haven't been online much over the last couple of months, but I've had some time over the 2 weeks and did a lot on my KV-4. ST-I is unlocked, but I need more freeexp to unlock the first gun, and I refuse to play with the stock 175 pen. 

But yeah, the KV-4. It's a keeper. I feel like it's sort of an underdog, doesn't get a lot of attention, but it's tough a nails and can absolutely carry a game. 

20p7y85.jpg

67utkm.jpg

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 414 posts

Hey ya'll. Haven't been online much over the last couple of months, but I've had some time over the 2 weeks and did a lot on my KV-4. ST-I is unlocked, but I need more freeexp to unlock the first gun, and I refuse to play with the stock 175 pen. 

But yeah, the KV-4. It's a keeper. I feel like it's sort of an underdog, doesn't get a lot of attention, but it's tough a nails and can absolutely carry a game. 

KV-4tress at it's finest. I dont have one but I've had a hell of a time getting through their fronts, even the commander turret up top is a tough nut to crack. Much respect for that tank, IMO its probably better than the IS-3.

I lurk, therefore I am.

Risk

Risk

• Legacy Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationLouisville

The RU superheavies fit my heavy playstyle. I did pretty good in the T29 and T32, but I am definitely not a 103 driver. It's a fat medium and I can't get the hang of it. Elited it and sold it with only a 1st class badge and shoddy record to show for it. Got tired of trying for the Mastery.

The ST-I had a lot to live up to after the KV-4. Can't say I've ever been in a tank that lets me bully E75s and T30s, but god it's fun, even with the 2nd gun and first turret. 10,788 damage received, 163hp remaining. This thing is so troll.

Might be strange, but I use Rammer/Vert Stab and a Toolbox on the Russian superheavies. It was a gap filler until I could afford Vents, but after playing so long with a 5~6 sec track repair speed, I just can't give up the Toolbox with as much as I sidescrape. 

k474z.jpg

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 414 posts

Nothing strange about that although once you get your crew maxed on repair skills I'd dump the toolkit for vents.

Also if you haven't noticed WG is introducing a tool that allows you to buy back premium vehicles you have previously sold. I just bought back my M4A2E4, i don't know why I ever sold it.

I lurk, therefore I am.

BDNeon

BDNeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Oh, if you guys want some better sounds, try out this really awesome soundpack, Gnomefathers Engine/Gun soundpack. Gives engines and guns much more realistic sounds.

Installation instructions included in file.

https://mega.co.nz/#...sqtWWg01TH3uUNs

Hotfix, you NEED THIS as of the last little update, otherwise game will crash on launch.

http://www.mediafire...by_PapaDigi.rar

Listen for yourself, that deep throaty purr of the Maybach is audio bliss.

Borzislav

Borzislav

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationThat place on Earth... You know, the tricky one...

You can get 300 free gold for changing your WoT password:

http://worldoftanks....ord-event-2014/

BDNeon

BDNeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

And an additional 960 for doing this weekends events.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users