1160 replies to this topic

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts
  • LocationScone NSW Australia

I play WoWs occasionally, but I just haven't found the thing that gets me hooked. Went to play some tanks and planes last night but of course it was a Tuesday night and the servers are down for maintenance, so I went and scanned more systems in ED : H instead.

Nny

Nny

• Legacy Members
  • 185 posts

Seige, if you liked WoWP (which I've never heard of anyone liking before :P ), you should give War Thunder a try.  A bit more realistic (no healthbars!) but still arcadey if you stick to the Arcade matches, with options for Realistic (no enemy markings, more realistic flight models) and Simulator (cockpit only, full realistic flight models, no friendly/enemy markers, stick and throttle highly recommended).

I played WoWP when the Alpha launched, but couldn't stand it due to the super arcadey feel.  Found War Thunder, and have been playing it ever since whenever I get the itch to dogfight or go tank brawling.

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts

Finally bought my 4502A last night, only have 3/5 crew for it currently as I'm using the all female crew from the StugIV missions. Still got to get the HT and SPG-15 missions completed. Need to grind out another 500k credits to get a set of torsion bars for it as with the vent and rammer it puts me right on my weight limit and I'm not going to roll the 4502 with the stock short 8,8cm gun.

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts

Have got 2 tier VIII Heavies now, the 4502A ( 4/5 crew, stuck on SPG-15 ) and the IS-3. 1/2way to the BL-9 gun on the IS-3 and the extra 50 penetration it will give me will make all the difference in the world.

And yes I know I am necroing this thread, and I don't care.

kelarius

kelarius

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1042 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

I think its allowed for threads like this.

Also, once you get the BL-9, its going to make your 4502A seem like a giant pile of trash.

IS-3 is epic

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts
The 4502a is just a stepping stone to the monster that is the 4502b and the Maus. But I am enjoying the IS-3, the extra pen will make it more so enjoyable.

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts

I was roughly 1.5k xp from getting my BL-9 last night so I should have it from a either 1 really good game or 2 so so games tonight. Worst case senario 3 shit games, but I WILL HAVE IT!

Editted : Got it, and omfg this gun is soooo much fun.

Sold my IS as I haven't touched it since I got my IS-3, have still got a tier VII Heavy in my Tiger P.

Working on my SPG-15 mission to finally get the monkey that is the Stug IV off my back.

kelarius

kelarius

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1042 posts

I immediately sold my IS after getting into an Is-3, I didnt see the point of keeping it around. I maintain a T-29 as my tier 7 heavy tank (IMO best tank tier for tier in the game)

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts
I was going to go up the American heavy line from the Jumbo E2 but then I decided I was going to work up the medium line instead so the T20 will be my next purchase I think. Or the M44 cause I am still working on the SPG-15 mission and a higher tier SPG will be beneficial later on.

kelarius

kelarius

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1042 posts
T20 is a fine tank, probably the best well rounded tier 7 medium tank, with a close competitor in the kv-13. Good firepower, good mobility, shit armor but most of the other tier 7s are worse on most points. Really must I'd the tier 7 mediums just kind of suck, they occupy this tier point where most tanks under them can still effectively fight then and most over tier 7 just view then as pests, kind of like at tier 4.

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts

I have a KV-13 as well, was thinking of going up the medium line in the russians as well at some point.

kelarius

kelarius

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1042 posts

T-43 is a terrible terrible tank, and T-44 isn't a whole lot better. Just be aware that when you leave the comfort of KV-13 you're going to be going through 2.5 tiers of mediocrity before you get the T-54 fully upgraded.

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts
Well I am still working on the comet, I fairly despise that tank but I can't get to the centurions without going through the comet first. I think I still have 60-70k to grind out.

kelarius

kelarius

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1042 posts

Won a contest last week in WoWS, made 2663 base exp in a tier 4 destroyer, top 5 that weekend, received 1000 doubloons, free port slot, and 7 days premium time 

• Seige likes this

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationSydney

Nice Kel!

sig.png

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts

Damn thats not bad at all.

Had to do a complete reinstall of WoT over the weekend as the latest patch broke something bad.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationSydney

the boom of my SPG is so satisfying though, even if the RNG then proceeds to hate me and make the shells miss a stationary O-Ni :P

sig.png

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts

I lucked out in a match with my M41 HMC before the last patch as I found a TOG and I had a good spotter. RNJesus smiled on me that day as I one shotted him with an ammo rack kill. Poor TOG I do feel for them.

• Vn70072 likes this

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationSydney
Im trying to get into Russian TD line but that AT1 is garbage.

sig.png

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1309 posts

Never looked into the Russian TD line, although I would suffer the grind for the almighty BL-10 on that ISU-152.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users