• Please log in to reply
1039 replies to this topic

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationScone NSW Australia

Unlocked the FV201 last night, highly doubt I'll grind the 200k and 200 kills to " win " it outright. Depending on my feelings for the tank at the end of the eight days will determine if I purchase it or not.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationSydney
Nice Kel! I'm aiming towards that currently as I find the lack of AA on IJN cruisers to be a hindrance

sig.png

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

Unlocked the FV201 last night, highly doubt I'll grind the 200k and 200 kills to " win " it outright. Depending on my feelings for the tank at the end of the eight days will determine if I purchase it or not.

its a slower version of the centurion tier 8 medium placed at tier 7 with a 17lbr gun that WILL see tier 9 tanks. It's not gonna be a good experience.

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Yeah I know Kelarius, that being said I am currently playing it with a peek-a-boo approach as the hull is too damned soft for any other style of play. It handles itself well ( in my opinion at least ) against other tier 7's if you can find a good hull down position.

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

its a slower version of the centurion tier 8 medium placed at tier 7 with a 17lbr gun that WILL see tier 9 tanks. It's not gonna be a good experience.

That assessment was pretty much what lead to me not making any effort to get the thing.

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Truth be told its not that bad a tank, yes the 17lbr gun is a hindrance in tier IX battles, but its quick enough that if you can flank someone its enough to chip away at the sides/flank of most tanks. In matches where it is the top tier and you can hull down somewhere you have a pretty good chance of 1. holding off a group of tanks and 2. racking up some quick damage.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationSydney

I got in a knife fight as an Omaha with a New York.  It was painful for both sides, as my first salvo of torps missed barely so he had that little sliver of health left to unleash hell on my undodgable broadside.

slightly less so for me.

sig.png

Nny

Nny

• Legacy Members
  • 163 posts

Completely forgot to mention, all players can redeem the code ALBANY for a free Tier 2 US premium cruiser and port slot.

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

God Emperor

• Moderators
  • 15979 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Completely forgot to mention, all players can redeem the code ALBANY for a free Tier 2 US premium cruiser and port slot.

Expired the day you mentioend this x.x

T͏hi͢s͘ sca͡r ̛iś ̛a͢ ́r̶emi͡ndȩr͏ ́o͠f t̡he̷ event͝s̢ ̀of̸ ̵Jań. ͜15th ̷t͏o̕ ̨22n͝d́, 2͟0҉1͜5̷.

CAD Reboot Survivor - November 7th, 2012 | First Forum Legend - January 11th, 2013 | First Forum Awardee - July 31st, 2013

The Law - October 31st, 2013 | OVER 9,000!!! - December 20th, 2013 | 10K+ February 4th, 2014

April Fool's Mastermind - April, 1st 2014 | FiH = Faith in Humanity | A Sleepy Story

If29DNO.jpg

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 908 posts

Expired the day you mentioend this x.x

I got mine, its a free ship slot. Its crap as a ship, the Chester is waaaay better.

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

God Emperor

• Moderators
  • 15979 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I wanted the slot. I have like 16 but god damnit I want more.

T͏hi͢s͘ sca͡r ̛iś ̛a͢ ́r̶emi͡ndȩr͏ ́o͠f t̡he̷ event͝s̢ ̀of̸ ̵Jań. ͜15th ̷t͏o̕ ̨22n͝d́, 2͟0҉1͜5̷.

CAD Reboot Survivor - November 7th, 2012 | First Forum Legend - January 11th, 2013 | First Forum Awardee - July 31st, 2013

The Law - October 31st, 2013 | OVER 9,000!!! - December 20th, 2013 | 10K+ February 4th, 2014

April Fool's Mastermind - April, 1st 2014 | FiH = Faith in Humanity | A Sleepy Story

If29DNO.jpg

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationSydney
I want the Kreigsmarine dammit.

I know they are trailing some of the ship's currently, but I have this desire to spread rabid nationalism one torpedo at a time.

sig.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationSydney

I....I think I prefer American DD's to Japanese 0_o

like I have to play hide and seek with islands, but I actually feel like i'm contributing as opposed to just throwing out Torps once a min and praying my guns might happen to be lined up when I turn.

sig.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationSydney

Well that was Bullshit, was in a destroyer knife fight to the death.  1km range and the other guy somehow cammo's while firing his guns.  miss the tell tale splashes of his torps firing and get blow up., unable to aim mine in return because i couldn't see him.

sig.png

mikebuttersbee

mikebuttersbee

Bad-ass Butters-bee

• Legacy Members
  • 3095 posts

<_<

may have stayed up until 1 am playing today...

decided i wanted to ram someone and did

and then died because of ramming them

• Seige likes this

S4WI8.jpg

DIES TO HALF-MEN

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 908 posts

Ran into Risk in WoWS today, sadly he was on the other side of the map (enemy team) so I didn't get a chance to Murder-Nuke him with my Minekaze. On a related note, here is a failteam i had to deal with a couple of days ago:

:(

11952733_10205205836001411_4041046179262

11879206_10205205836601426_8918686470624

11872167_10205205837281443_2751508448363

Replay available on request

• Vn70072 likes this

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationSydney

Looks like an amazing match Kel,  I really need to start playing more WoWs again but i'm hitting that fun "you don't have enough credits to buy that ship..." period which is always a little frustrating.

sig.png

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 908 posts

Looks like an amazing match Kel,  I really need to start playing more WoWs again but i'm hitting that fun "you don't have enough credits to buy that ship..." period which is always a little frustrating.

If you're good with destroyers, mid-tier japanese destroyers make great moneymakers, Their torpedoes do tons of damage, in turn earning you lots of money. Also, if you get good you can start racking up first kill awards, which is the award that nets you the credit earning bonus flag. I run a premium account so my results are slightly skewed but its rare for me not to run a 200k win in my minekaze.

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationSydney
I have the worst luck in destroyers. Without fail if I round an island an Omaha is waiting with guns in the right direction, even if I was never spotted. I probably will swap back to the IJN though as US DD play is just.... Ugh.

Thankfully I'm pretty good with cruisers

sig.png

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 908 posts

If I came around the corner side on to an Omaha, if he's close enough to kill me in a few salvos then I'm sure as hell taking him with me. Fair trade IMO. Really though, save your smoke screens for those situations, they'll protect you even up to a couple of kilometers out. Drop smoke, drop your speed to about 1/2 (so that you stay in the smoke) then turn the fuck around and head the other way. Most of the time they're not going to follow you because they dont want to be murder-nuked by stealth torpedoes, and once you're on the other side, just maintain your distance.

They keys to good destroyering are knowing your visible range and SPEED. I find that if I need to dodge fire, its much more useful to make small course corrections every couple of seconds (no more than 2-3 degrees) so that I dont bleed off all of my speed while heading away from your pursuer, this presents a very small target and typically you're going to be much faster than anyone behind you so its only a matter of time before you're out of view range. Then you can circle back and leave some torpedoes for them :)

• Vn70072 likes this

I lurk, therefore I am.

sig.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users