• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • LocationScone NSW Australia

Unlocked the FV201 last night, highly doubt I'll grind the 200k and 200 kills to " win " it outright. Depending on my feelings for the tank at the end of the eight days will determine if I purchase it or not.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationSydney
Nice Kel! I'm aiming towards that currently as I find the lack of AA on IJN cruisers to be a hindrance

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 897 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

Unlocked the FV201 last night, highly doubt I'll grind the 200k and 200 kills to " win " it outright. Depending on my feelings for the tank at the end of the eight days will determine if I purchase it or not.

its a slower version of the centurion tier 8 medium placed at tier 7 with a 17lbr gun that WILL see tier 9 tanks. It's not gonna be a good experience.

I lurk, therefore I am.

signature.png

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Yeah I know Kelarius, that being said I am currently playing it with a peek-a-boo approach as the hull is too damned soft for any other style of play. It handles itself well ( in my opinion at least ) against other tier 7's if you can find a good hull down position.

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

its a slower version of the centurion tier 8 medium placed at tier 7 with a 17lbr gun that WILL see tier 9 tanks. It's not gonna be a good experience.

That assessment was pretty much what lead to me not making any effort to get the thing.

Seige

Seige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Truth be told its not that bad a tank, yes the 17lbr gun is a hindrance in tier IX battles, but its quick enough that if you can flank someone its enough to chip away at the sides/flank of most tanks. In matches where it is the top tier and you can hull down somewhere you have a pretty good chance of 1. holding off a group of tanks and 2. racking up some quick damage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users