Figured as much, cheers for the confirmation Kelarius

Locke

Locke

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS

is -5% fire chance (from 20% to 15%) worth an additional 140kg of weight on the KV-1? I'm leaning towards no but figured i'd ask people who actually know about these things

Yes, but not for the reason you think. The first 500hp engine has 90 hit points, whereas the 2nd 500hp engine has 145. You're far less likely to have get a red engine from one shot (which = dead in the water with 20+ second repair time). The 85mm on the kv-1 does 110 damage to modules, for example.

signature.png

Devout Follower of RNJesus

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationSydney

Just had a weird ass game on a DD.  Guns just refused to light up as "aimed" because of the speed I was going.  made it literally impossible to engage anyone unless I came to a stop.  hard to run and gun when you can't gun...

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

you dont have to stop but slowing down, sure. Im guessing it was a japanese destroyer?

I lurk, therefore I am.

signature.png

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 811 posts

x5 weekend on WoWS NA server, get on NAOW

I lurk, therefore I am.

signature.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationSydney

Yeah it was the Minikaze (Tier 5) but i'd played a match previously where it didn't happen hence my confusion.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationSydney
Being a Tier 5 BB in a Tier 8 matchup is not fun...

Nny

Nny

• Legacy Members
  • 140 posts

Jumped in the old Fuso for shits 'n giggles. Holy fuck, when did they nerf the bejezus out of that ship?  RNG throwing shells on absolutely retarded trajectories (Oh, you're aiming at center screen? Here, let me split your shots to either side of the fucking monitor for 20 shots in a row), AP doing next to no damage on direct hits/not penning.

I seriously don't remember BB's being anywhere NEAR this bad, christ.  I think I'm just gonna stick to my ninja DD's for now.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationSydney

yeah I feel the Japanese BB's have been stealth nerfed as the whole point of them was less guns, but able to stand off at ridiculous range.  which they can do - but you're going to hit diddly squat now.  American BB's can turn on a dime, which makes shelling them from range pretty much impossible since you're banking on the RNG and them not paying attention - assuming you've even aimed it correctly in the first place to give yourself a chance.  once you get closer their weight of fire then balances every engagement in their favour.

kelarius

kelarius

• Legacy Members
  • 811 posts

Jumped in the old Fuso for shits 'n giggles. Holy fuck, when did they nerf the bejezus out of that ship?  RNG throwing shells on absolutely retarded trajectories (Oh, you're aiming at center screen? Here, let me split your shots to either side of the fucking monitor for 20 shots in a row), AP doing next to no damage on direct hits/not penning.

I seriously don't remember BB's being anywhere NEAR this bad, christ.  I think I'm just gonna stick to my ninja DD's for now.

In short they implemented armor in 3.1, when that happened AP shots became alot less effective as they can actually bounce off of things instead of doing some damage every time. If you want to do consistent damage, fire HE, if you want to do massive damage inconsistently, fire AP. If youre in a DD, dont fire AP at anything, just shoot HE.

I lurk, therefore I am.

signature.png

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 979 posts
  • LocationSydney
American BB are a plague upon air launched torpedos, really not feeling like they are well balanced currently abd hoping the next patch either dials up other ships to a similar power level, or tones them down a touch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pc, tanks, online, f2p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users