The Doctor

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts
  • LocationScotland

*Me dying from pain*

Doctor: So, how bad is the pain?

Me (in my head): Well, it really hurts right now. But it didn't hurt that much last week. Although bloody hell, it hurts now. But when I'm crumpled in a ball, it feels much better. Sure, when I stand up then the pain is blinding and agonizing, but I could just not do that. After all, I don't want him to think I'm making it up. I mean, it really, really hurts, but do I actually need strong pain pills?

Me (out loud): It doesn't hurt that much.

Doctor: Take two paracetamol every four hours. You'll be fine.

Please dont put words in my mouth 

• Readout likes this

Whatever you've got planned, forget it! I'm the Doctor. I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, and you... are basically just an Internet Forum, aren't you? Ok, carry on... just a... general... warning...

Tarnagh

Tarnagh

Eldest

• Legacy Members
  • 4938 posts
  • LocationArkham Assisted Living Center & Shoggoth Refuge

At least you guys feel pain in a normal-human-type manner.   I hate the question "How bad is the pain?" because I don't know how to answer it.  I once spent 3 days thinking I had a progressively worsening UTI, when in fact I came very close to death because my intestines had ruptured.  

Which is great because it makes me sound like a hypochondriac.  I have to focus my attention on things like "DOES this hurt?" ... which makes me sound like an old woman.  Oh.  Wait... 

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Maybe we should make a universal rule that teal is now the sarcasm colour.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1193 posts
  • LocationScotland

I shall admit this to strangers on the internet.

I lied once about how bad some pain was. Simply to get a bigger compensation cheque. 

there. I fucking lied. 

It was pretty painful, but not crippling. Doctor gave me some intense painkillers (srsly, these things were awesome) and I got better, got my money, and gave a big fuck you to the system.

And now i suffer from back pain. 

Whatever you've got planned, forget it! I'm the Doctor. I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, and you... are basically just an Internet Forum, aren't you? Ok, carry on... just a... general... warning...

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 2530 posts
  • LocationThe North

I may have skipped my last dose of over the counter pain killers just to make sure that I can actually demonstrate the full range of this pain. I just really want him to tell me to take the rest of the week off.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1193 posts
  • LocationScotland

So.

You know how, a few months ago, I'd rant and rave about my bitch co-worker, and how she was useless etc, etc?

her replacement is worse. In a completely different way.

We were told all throughout the month before he started "he's REALLY good at this sort of stuff. He understands it, he's used the system before, it's what he does, he'll come in, hit the ground running, and get on with the work".

Mother fucker can't even use a spreadsheet. I've been fucking lied to. 

Oh, and who has to pick up his slack?

Yup. 

AbnerDoon

AbnerDoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCalifornia - what is this beach you speak of I live in the fooking desert

Well if he seems in any way slightly better then the last person have someone nudge him to any basic documentation and see if he can run with it. He could have just fudged a little on his resume.

Presea

Presea

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 3933 posts

a little? :P

I swear, computer illiteracy is still rampant in this day and age.. for people our age.  It really does bother me.

1AvQw.gif

The Doctor

The Doctor

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1193 posts
  • LocationScotland

Well if he seems in any way slightly better then the last person have someone nudge him to any basic documentation and see if he can run with it. He could have just fudged a little on his resume.

Fudged a little? the guy sold himself as a guy who could do Accounts Payable. 

The guy CANT do accounts payable. 

I can. And I've been fucking lumped with it. While I have to do payroll. and AR. Oh, and accounts. 

OH! and train the fucking cunt

I hate my life right now. I'm not gonna lie. 

*McKay*

*McKay*

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 8056 posts
  • LocationPerth : Western Australia

Can't you complain to management for something?

have him supervised so they can see him not been able to do what he's meant to be doing?

---

Welp. I've found another customer to giggle over and stare at whenever he comes up to my work.

He's all tattooed and shiz, and he's just interesting to look at, I want to see all his tattoos and touch them.

• MotherKat likes this

DullBlade

DullBlade

Ad Space for Rent

• Legacy Members
  • 3804 posts
  • LocationNowhere

You guys and all those interesting events at work :(

Makes me jealous.

SteamID: DullBlade

Up for playing:

League of Legends, Borderlands 1 & 2, Torchlight II, Team Fortress 2, XCOM EU, Skullgirls, AoE II

Tallgeese_lll

Tallgeese_lll

Insane Asylum Escapee

• Legacy Members
  • 1394 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between reality and insanity

Can you at least take a day off if the sun ever is out because it blinds you?

I wish.

Oh, soon enough it'll be tornadoes instead of a quarter inch of snow.

Actually, snow is scarier than tornadoes for people down here I think.

Snow isn't as scary as other drivers in snow are.

Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

xivpads.png
http://xivpads.com/?Keiji-Cloudrider-Excalibur

But only in their dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be.

Anime List

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 801 posts
  • LocationSydney
Amused: this is the second time in 3 days ny account at work has been locked because mangment keeps forgetting to update IT with my contract extension.

I shall commence relaxing for 30min on hold
  • Seige likes this

STORMIN' NORMAN

STORMIN' NORMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationWhere am I?

Feeling pretty damn good right about now.

I'm working out hard again, eating right, and not drinking as much

But above all else I am really feeling the friendship, solid bond, and the fun in my marriage again and I know she is too. Its fucking awesome!

• Solo Wing and MotherKat like this

MotherKat

MotherKat

Imzadi

• Members
  • 3284 posts
  • LocationLand of Oz
That's fantastic, Norman. :D

Sooooo many anxiety attacks. DH will be home for a visit in less than a week.

Steam: katiet518  Zynga: Motherkat518

up for playing: Wildstar, starcraft, minecraft, diablo 3, titanfall, LoL

my vanilla Minecraft server: 209.15.212.226:26765

Vent server:173.192.87.34 port 10195 pw pathfinder  ---feel free to use this for whatever you want!

TheHackMan

TheHackMan

• Legacy Members
  • 678 posts

Got some free networking gear from Meraki to play with and it is amazing. It's point and click easy for configuration but powerful enough to support the needs of a growing business. I feel like a kid in a candy shop right now getting to play with all this stuff :)

Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.
-Capt. Picard

Steam ID - thehackman

Battle.net: Lurick #1277

AbnerDoon

AbnerDoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCalifornia - what is this beach you speak of I live in the fooking desert

Fudged a little? the guy sold himself as a guy who could do Accounts Payable. 

The guy CANT do accounts payable. 

I can. And I've been fucking lumped with it. While I have to do payroll. and AR. Oh, and accounts. 

OH! and train the fucking cunt

I hate my life right now. I'm not gonna lie. 

Alright that I can understand. Forget my comment above I just thought he shoveled a little shit. That sounds like a full wheelbarrow of it. Feed him to the wolves if you get the chance.

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

• Legacy Members
  • 801 posts
  • LocationSydney
Lamentation: took that "last call" at work. I have a lengthy payroll investigation now to see how the manager has fucked up the roster, where the payroll system has thrown it's hands up in the air after 5 adjustments, and how to untangle it all to make a smiling nurse.

I also missed my bus because of said call. Tomorrow is going to be awesome

Solo Wing

Solo Wing

The Vegemite Herald

• Legacy Members
  • 2942 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Got some free networking gear from Meraki to play with and it is amazing. It's point and click easy for configuration but powerful enough to support the needs of a growing business. I feel like a kid in a candy shop right now getting to play with all this stuff :)

And I just get to go to school and play with boring Cisco 3560s :(

BannerFinal05_resized_zps94828ebd.png

Currently Playing:

Destiny - League of Legends

Facebook - Xbox Live -  Steam

My Anime List

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users