• Please log in to reply
11688 replies to this topic

Solo Wing

Solo Wing

The Vegemite Herald

• Legacy Members
  • 2,130 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Sometimes I wish my two best friends weren't so moody, 'cos when they pissed off at each other it tends to ruin my life too.

Jhago

Jhago

• Legacy Members
  • 883 posts
  • LocationPortugal

A good friend of mine is majorly pissed off with me, and not going in to details but I totally understand why. But she's so clearly seething at me even just trying to talk to her seems like an impossibility so I'll just give her time but really I just miss my friend.

Last time I royally pissed a friend of mine (as in the only communication she could muster with me was a "you're dead to me" look), I simply approached her, said the most convincing and sincere apology I could manage (without being to condescending) and then told her that I would wait until she could forgive me. Took her a month, and she made me buy her lunch, but we're good now. 

So, yeah, giving your friend time is the best way to go, just let him/her make sure you want to make up (of course, I don't know the situation, so it might not be something you should apologize for).

Sometimes I wish my two best friends weren't so moody, 'cos when they pissed off at each other it tends to ruin my life too.

Are you Harry Potter?

oie_16205141AB1CZKrz_zps58490b83.gif

The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationScotland

Last time I pissed off my best mate, we went our separate ways. Haven't spoken to him in person for over three years now.

Come to think of it, outside of work and the internet, I don't have any friends. 

Fuck. 

Whatever you've got planned, forget it! I'm the Doctor. I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, and you... are basically just an Internet Forum, aren't you? Ok, carry on... just a... general... warning...

Solo Wing

Solo Wing

The Vegemite Herald

• Legacy Members
  • 2,130 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Are you Harry Potter?

Huh. That's a remarkable comparison, especially considering you don't know either of my friends. That's actually amazing and I'm surprised none of us have made that comparison before.

Kind of sucks that I'm not remarkably talented and special, though.

That said, I'm pretty impressed with myself. It only took me 10-15 minutes of mind-numbing depression to get back on track after we had a massive blue.

Amarus

Amarus

Sarcasm Included

• Legacy Members
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationFrance

Last time I pissed off my best mate, we went our separate ways. Haven't spoken to him in person for over three years now.

Come to think of it, outside of work and the internet, I don't have any friends. 

Fuck. 

Same here high five?

I used to have a couple of friends from school and a couple of others from uni, but now we're more or less spread out as one person per country.

Steam ID: Amarus | uplay: Amarus_Kh

The forum's whiteness is too much for you? Well then, take a look at these two posts: 1 2
Annoyed that trying to open links in the homepage redirects your browser? Give this a shot.

Axeman

Axeman

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationA German in Switzerland

Huh. That's a remarkable comparison, especially considering you don't know either of my friends. That's actually amazing and I'm surprised none of us have made that comparison before.

Maybe they don't want to marry in the end.

Axeman is right on with all of his comments.

Jhago

Jhago

• Legacy Members
  • 883 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Fuck,

I still have a small circle of close "friends", but we mostly get together because of habit and a way to vent steam, since everyone is pretty much in different work/study situations, and some are now living half a country away. 

Besides that, I somehow manage to have a couple of different circles of acquaintances that I juggle from time to time, and I'm pretty sure that will stop when I start working after uni. I only have 1 real friend that I can confide in and regularly meet. I'm okay with all this, though, always been the introvert kind.

If you're situation isn't to your liking, why not join some group? Most of the circles I mentioned are from my previous German classes, people I meet on cooking "seminars", etc...

oie_16205141AB1CZKrz_zps58490b83.gif

The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationScotland

Same here high five?

I used to have a couple of friends from school and a couple of others from uni, but now we're more or less spread out as one person per country.

You can be my latest friend!

Haha. I just drifted off from everyone. Was more interested in playing video games than going out and getting drunk and/or high. 

Not that I'm bothered. I like my life. Meeting a lot of the people I game with this weekend, so that should be fun :) 

Whatever you've got planned, forget it! I'm the Doctor. I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, and you... are basically just an Internet Forum, aren't you? Ok, carry on... just a... general... warning...

*McKay*

*McKay*

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 6,266 posts
  • LocationPerth - Western Australia

I just did 7hrs on 1hr of sleep. Here's hoping I don't fall asleep on the bus.

• The Doctor likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

*McKay*, Krafty, dorkdragon