• Please log in to reply
29838 replies to this topic

Jhago

Jhago

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1928 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Got hit by a 50kg iron hook in the head today, after the steel cable snapped. The sound was terrifying.

I was wearing no helmet (my fault) and thankfully I leaned and got back in time,so it only grazed my head. Got a 6cm gash, but my cranium was intact,so the worst was really just the liter of blood I left on the site and on my self.

Never got so scared in my life. After the shock, even before the stitches, I thought that had I reacted slightly later I might still be in the hospital unconscious or worse.

oie_16205141AB1CZKrz_zps58490b83.gif

Bisected8

Bisected8

puella ridicula viridisque

• Legacy Members
  • 3204 posts
  • LocationThe home of red cheese

no_shit.png

What, my medical history's common knowledge now?

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 8730 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Got hit by a 50kg iron hook in the head today, after the steel cable snapped. The sound was terrifying.

I was wearing no helmet (my fault) and thankfully I leaned and got back in time,so it only grazed my head. Got a 6cm gash, but my cranium was intact,so the worst was really just the liter of blood I left on the site and on my self.

Never got so scared in my life. After the shock, even before the stitches, I thought that had I reacted slightly later I might still be in the hospital unconscious or worse.

I hope you learned your lesson. Always with the helmet.

https://www.nytimes....ction-site.html

We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

Piestein

Piestein

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Holy shit, that's close. Hope your wound heals and that you don't feel too bad from the blood loss.

wear your helmets, kids.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6559 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

What, my medical history's common knowledge now?

Well, the fact that you're transitioning is.

And I think it is fair to assume that undergoing extensive medical procedures which fundamentally alter your sex will have an impact on your sexual characteristics, including on The Swimmers.

In fact, isn't that kind of the point?

The "L" stands for "Value".

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

Bisected8

Bisected8

• Legacy Members
  • 3204 posts

Well, the fact that you're transitioning is.

And I think it is fair to assume that undergoing extensive medical procedures which fundamentally alter your sex will have an impact on your sexual characteristics, including on The Swimmers.

In fact, isn't that kind of the point?

Yes, but I don't think the fact that I'd already been referred to a fertility doctor was immediately obvious. In fact, that you jokingly suggested I see one suggests you assumed I had not been. Hence I found the observation that I am in fact seeing one, technically because of my inability to get pregnant (albeit not in the way the results on the blood test meant), amusing.

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 8730 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Yes, but I don't think the fact that I'd already been referred to a fertility doctor was immediately obvious. In fact, that you jokingly suggested I see one suggests you assumed I had not been. Hence I found the observation that I am in fact seeing one, technically because of my inability to get pregnant (albeit not in the way the results on the blood test meant), amusing.

Thrilling as this conversation dissection is, can we go back to discussing grammar now? :tongue: 

We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6559 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

Well, if you insist...

The "L" stands for "Value".

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

Bisected8

Bisected8

• Legacy Members
  • 3204 posts

Thrilling as this conversation dissection is, can we go back to discussing grammar now? :tongue:

Oi mate, u leave granny out of this!

Tallgeese_lll

Tallgeese_lll

Insane Asylum Escapee

• Legacy Members
  • 2490 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between reality and insanity

Wooooo my Blues beat the Wild in OT to win their series 4-1! Onto against Nashville!

But only in their dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be.

eJwFwbsOgjAUANB_6X7b0rdsjA4sLiZuDZTSCJT0

Anime List

Carrion Suitcase

Carrion Suitcase

• Legacy Members
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

*scrolls through posts and looks up into the camera, breaking the fourth wall* Between all this talk about pregnancy and wearing safety helmets, I'm beginning to think I've missed something fun.

Between hanging a curtain rod last week and breaking out my ratchet set for...maybe the second time ever to help assemble a picnic table, I'm feeling like a regular Tim Taylor *grunt*. And yet...now it's time to crack an energy drink, wander over to Twitch, and wait for my DVR to fill with anime goodness :)

Hmm...maybe it's time for a haircut and a light beard trim soon too. Sasquatch enthusiasts are beginning to gather outside...*closes curtains*

Golden Helmet

Golden Helmet

How long until you notice?

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationMexifornia

Start of the long day. I'm pretty sure my truck is silently screaming for help.

Target Acquired. It's time for fun!

FREEDOM. Dirty freedom, but still freedom

Cleeeeeeeeean. I hope.

Shiny installed. Or half-installed I should say, the last few bolts don't want to go where they belong and that stopped me for the day.

Kinda sad that I didn't get it finished today, but at least I'm learning stuff :D

• Tarnagh and Bisected8 like this

.

.                                                                                                                                                             

Bisected8

Bisected8

• Legacy Members
  • 3204 posts

That is very shiny.

DullBlade

DullBlade

Ad Space for Rent

• Legacy Members
  • 5343 posts
  • LocationNowhere

:( : Just realizing that I fall under the...obese category.

Challenge Blog: ...soon to be posted

SteamID: DullBlade

Up for playing:

Borderlands 2, Torchlight II, Skullgirls, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Injustice (soon).

Golden Helmet

Golden Helmet

How long until you notice?

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationMexifornia

Makin' parts. The old one got ruined by my cheap wrench, so Ghetto Engineering was required. I'm double checking with my sources that this type of metal is OK to use, if it is then I should be all clear to finish putting my truck back together. If it holds water, I win :D

.

.                                                                                                                                                             

meezookeewee

meezookeewee

• Legacy Members
  • 336 posts

:D Got a new mattress, new bedding, new pillow and a new shirt.  I feel like a whole new me!

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 8730 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Wife and baby back from Romania, which is lovely, but it means that I was woken up 2 hours earlier than usual this morning.

Jet lag babies: fun fun fun.

Krafty

Krafty

Rebmem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationZe Hauptstadt

Is your wife's family from Romania and if so... does she know my co-worker's wife's family? :D

I'd laugh about your 2h jet lag but knowing babies...

One musn't use literally as an emphasis.

Piestein

Piestein

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Wife and baby back from Romania, which is lovely, but it means that I was woken up 2 hours earlier than usual this morning.

Jet lag babies: fun fun fun.

god, that sounds really bad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users