• Please log in to reply
29459 replies to this topic

Bisected8

Bisected8

puella ridicula viridisque

• Legacy Members
  • 2972 posts
  • LocationThe home of red cheese

Thanks, I'll be alright. Not what I wanted to wake up to this morning, but right now I'm more worried about my Aunt and their kids. He was a good and loving man.

This is a terrible situation. You all have my condolences and sympathy.

• Tallgeese_lll likes this

Carrion Suitcase

Carrion Suitcase

• Legacy Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

*emerges from hollowed out vulture perch tree and turns up the thermostat* If it's not goddamn 70 it's goddamn 30! Anyway, how y'all been!? I oughtta know since I thumbed through the last 10 pages :)

I wish there was more profundity to my bookmarking/catching up. I got a new haircut, been sorta-kinda working (finally) so we'll see how long that lasts (it's meant to be a temp thing, but we'll see), and through the generosity of a friend - or rather because I'm quirky enough to be included - I've been replaying Borderlands 2 and finally getting a taste of Minecraft. So...fun times.

Cats are good, beard is epic and intact. And my brother just gave me leftover jerky so...free jerky. I'mma go make hard-boiled eggs and be boring, heh.

• Tarnagh and w͠i͠t͠s͠d͠ like this

Tarnagh

Tarnagh

Eldest

• Legacy Members
  • 8364 posts
  • LocationArkham Assisted Living Center & Shoggoth Refuge

LTNS, Carrion! Good to see you again, glad to hear things are going well.

Leftover jerky? From your brother? And GH just did another Jerkening. Hm. You wouldn't happen to be GH's brother, would you? :P 

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Maybe we should make a universal rule that teal is now the sarcasm colour.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6351 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North
My wife, prompted by the jerky stories from here, bought me some jerky yesterday.

It was quite nice. But I think I could make something nicer.

I may need to look into buying a dehydrator...
  • Tarnagh likes this

The "L" stands for "Value".

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

Axeman

Axeman

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8674 posts
  • LocationA German no longer in Switzerland

My wife, prompted by the jerky stories from here, bought me some jerky yesterday.

It was quite nice. But I think I could make something nicer.

I may need to look into buying a dehydrator...

Considering your location, how about freeze-drying?

"The Germans dive deeper – but they come up muddier"

Wickham Steed

Bisected8

Bisected8

• Legacy Members
  • 2972 posts

Speaking of homemade goodies, I've been introduced to the joys of homemade chocolate (turns out all you need is cocoa butter and cocoa powder).

• Prime3k likes this

*McKay*

*McKay*

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 10792 posts
  • LocationPerth : Western Australia

Can I come live with you? I can taste test everything you make :D

Bisected8

Bisected8

• Legacy Members
  • 2972 posts

Can I come live with you? I can taste test everything you make :D

That depends; would you give me hair care tips in exchange? :P

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1449 posts
  • LocationScone NSW Australia

After 3 failed attempts at upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ( blue screens of death from an IRQL conflict each time ) I made a Win10 ISO file, stuck it on a USB drive and then booted my PC from the USB drive. Did a clean install of Win10 and it worked first time, no glitches, no blue screens nothing. Also finished watching season 1 of Agents of Shield in the process, was a god weekend I thought.

*McKay*

*McKay*

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 10792 posts
  • LocationPerth : Western Australia

That depends; would you give me hair care tips in exchange? :P

Does 'do it and hope for the best' count ?
  • Tarnagh, Bisected8 and Squishy like this

Piestein

Piestein

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Took the missus to watch 50 Shads Darker last night, it was ok i guess. Personally I thought the first movie had a better story ( but no one watches movies anymore for the story do they ) and I had promised her to take her to watch all 3 movies so I am now 2/3rds done!

In other news I've finally gotten a new graphics card for my PC and I think I may have knocked/bumped the CPU heatsink when I installed it as now my CPU is idling at 55^C as opposed to the mid 30's that it is supposed to. Now I need to source some thermal paste so I can clean it off and get it reseated again.

If you want to watch such stuff, follow the graphic novel Sunstone. It's fun and ... well, imo, better. You can find it online (it's a comic) or you can find it for free on deviantart. I can send it to you if you want to. The artist himself gives it for free, so it's no biggy (it's just that he published it as a set of 5 comics with improved art and it sold very well. 1st issue got in the top 10 of Goodreads or Time for best graphic novel for the year, something like that. )

Also, people who practice BDSM say that it's much more realistic.

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

God Emperor

• Moderators
  • 17331 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I've never read either but based on what I do know about 50 Shades: it is not realistic.

T͏hi͢s͘ sca͡r ̛iś ̛a͢ ́r̶emi͡ndȩr͏ ́o͠f t̡he̷ event͝s̢ ̀of̸ ̵Jań. ͜15th ̷t͏o̕ ̨22n͝d́, 2͟0҉1͜5̷.

CAD Reboot Survivor - November 7th, 2012 | First Forum Legend - January 11th, 2013 | First Forum Awardee - July 31st, 2013

The Law - October 31st, 2013 | OVER 9,000!!! - December 20th, 2013 | 10K+ February 4th, 2014

April Fool's Mastermind - April, 1st 2014 | FiH = Faith in Humanity | A Sleepy Story

If29DNO.jpg

Tholcrist

Tholcrist

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationSydney
Sunstone is a very good read.

sig.png

AbnerDoon

AbnerDoon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1123 posts
  • LocationCalifornia - what is this beach you speak of I live in the fooking desert

They have evacuations for a section of the city closest to mine. We've been making jokes to the people that moved in on the other side of the highway for years now. While being slightly humorous I don't want to see that area under water again. It is way too close to home for comfort when it does flood.

Hopefully our levees will hold with all these dams opening to lower water levels.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Level 76 Red Mage

• Members
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationScotland

I survived London once again, but have returned with a fucked up top lip. 

Was a great event, run really well, and the Halo people from 343 are really nice. 

WINKYFACE

- D.Va

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6351 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

I think I'm getting addicted to this jerky stuff.

Damn you, GH!

• Golden Helmet, Tarnagh and VirlomiEntreri like this

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 5897 posts
  • LocationThe North

I think I'm getting addicted to this jerky stuff.

Damn you, GH!

Damn your blood pressure surely.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6351 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

According to the label, each bag contains 75g of jerky. One 25g serving contains 1.3g of salt, or 21% of your RDA.

But also 9.9g of protein. So there's that.

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 5897 posts
  • LocationThe North
I'm sure you're very responsible and stop 1/3 of the way through the packet then.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6351 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

Absolutely. I actually weigh it out into little baggies and make sure only to eat one.

The rest I just throw away.

Into my mouth.

• Presea, AbnerDoon, VirlomiEntreri and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users