• Please log in to reply
28014 replies to this topic

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 5279 posts
  • LocationThe North
Im coming down with something, I feel like I could scrape an layer of goo from the inside of my lungs.

*McKay*

*McKay*

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 10479 posts
  • LocationPerth : Western Australia

Looking for new work makes me feel so deflated. There are jobs I could probably do but my lack of self-esteem makes me think that I'm in no way good enough to even try. I've only had two jobs since I was 15 (hospitality/customer service).

Also there is a blister, boil... something on my gum, and because of my broken wisdom teeth my mouth tastes like ass.

• Bisected8 likes this

Solo Wing

Solo Wing

The Vegemite Herald

• Legacy Members
  • 3926 posts
  • LocationBurn City, Victoria

You won't know if you're good enough until you try. And even then, that won't mean anything for your self worth; I've been job searching for two months after finishing my degree and I've got nothing yet,

You won't lose anything to at least apply. Don't take it to heart if they don't answer back either. Recruiters are lazy bastards. Don't let them decide for you how much you are worth.

BannerFinal05_resized_zps94828ebd.png

Console: Overwatch

PC: The Last Remnant, No Man's Sky, RimWorld

Mobile: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Pokemon GO

Currently Reading: Severed Souls: Richard & Kahlan series

Facebook - Xbox Live -  Steam

My Anime List

Never [be] cruel or cowardly. Never give up, never give in.

Amarus

Amarus

[Insert humour here]

• Legacy Members
  • 3278 posts
  • LocationEarth
Amused:

I'm acting as an interface for the client company where I work with an external "business intelligence" company that offer tools to show some (mostly useless) code metrics with lots of colourful diagrams that please the managers.

They supposedly also do the support and integration with the companies' internal tools. The "internal" tool I'm concerned with, at the risk of making it possible for the BS BI company to identify themselves, is the totally obscure Visual Studio... (I don't know how they even got the contract without support for the outputs from VS. It's basically the only IDE used here...)

Today I received an email asking us to do something that they can and they should do themselves. Since I'm just a consultant, I didn't want to chew them out myself so I wrote a toned down version of what I wanted to say in reply and sent it internally to a higher-up in the client and added an estimation for the time needed if they decided that I should do the work the BI company asked for. Five minutes later, that higher-up sent a direct reply himself, with me in copy. He copied and pasted some of what I said and added a much more aggressive tone. It was basically what I stopped myself from sending.

That was very satisfactory and amusing to see.
  • Golden Helmet, DullBlade, Solo Wing and 1 other like this

Steam ID: Amarus | uplay: Amarus_Kh | BattleTag: Amarus#2972

The forum's whiteness is too much for you? Well then, take a look at these two posts: 1 2
Annoyed that trying to open links in the homepage redirects your browser? Give this a shot.

meezookeewee

meezookeewee

• Legacy Members
  • 254 posts

:D  :viking:  :metal: Picked up the first season of Ash Vs. Evil Dead.  Saw the first 5 episodes and I LOVE what I saw.  Can't wait for season 2.

Jhago

Jhago

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1858 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Going to Denmark for a week for a 'seminar' in September. Boss will go too, so no funny business, but I still expect it to be fun.
  • Tallgeese_lll likes this

oie_16205141AB1CZKrz_zps58490b83.gif

VirlomiEntreri

VirlomiEntreri

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 4590 posts
  • LocationAlabama

I found one of these at work today:

1grosz.jpg

I took a wild guess since it has Polska on it and figured it was probably from Poland. Was shocked to find out it was worth about $0.003. And I thought us making pennies was bad.

• AbnerDoon likes this

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/<-- Check out Star Citizen. Pledge!

Tallgeese_lll

Tallgeese_lll

Insane Asylum Escapee

• Legacy Members
  • 2115 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between reality and insanity

I found one of these at work today:

1grosz.jpg

I took a wild guess since it has Polska on it and figured it was probably from Poland. Was shocked to find out it was worth about $0.003. And I thought us making pennies was bad.

I'm jealous.

Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

xivpads.png
http://xivpads.com/?Keiji-Cloudrider-Excalibur

But only in their dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be.

Anime List

AbnerDoon

AbnerDoon

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1014 posts
  • LocationCalifornia - what is this beach you speak of I live in the fooking desert

Went to a party today and was feeling pretty good. My plans were to come home relax and deal with the messes I made earlier tomorrow morning. Unfortunately after a brief stop at my Mom's she found a note from my brother. Left food in fridge send home with me as he will be crashing at my house.

He has a gig tonight so his phone is off and I don't know what time he plans to show up. Now I need to clean up the kitchen as I was baking for the party today and clean up the main bathroom as I shaved my head before running out the door. I also need to wash the sheets in the guest room as the last person that stayed was sick.

I think this is the definition of buzz kill as my buzz is now dead.

MotherKat

MotherKat

Imzadi

• Members
  • 4147 posts
  • LocationLand of Oz
Change the sheets and leave the rest. Your unexpected guest can freakin deal with it.
  • Solo Wing and AbnerDoon like this

Steam: katiet518  Zynga: Motherkat518

up for playing: Wildstar, starcraft, minecraft, diablo 3, titanfall, LoL

my vanilla Minecraft server: 209.15.212.226:26765

Vent server:173.192.87.34 port 10195 pw pathfinder  ---feel free to use this for whatever you want!

Relos

Relos

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1293 posts
Oh, damn it all to hell. I seem to have gained not an insignificant amount of weight during the last few weeks.

This won't do.

*McKay*

*McKay*

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 10479 posts
  • LocationPerth : Western Australia
I've got some weight you can have
  • Solo Wing likes this

pk1134

pk1134

Prophet of Golden Helmet

• Legacy Members
  • 2124 posts
  • LocationUtah

I've got some weight you can have

He's gained a bunch of weight. I'm currently 15 lbs under the ideal weight for my size though. If I could I'd trade.

Posted Image

Relos

Relos

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1293 posts
I hereby found the Sixpack Reclamation Initiative.

Seige

Seige

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • LocationScone NSW Australia

I have also gained some unwanted weight which seems to have settled around my midsection. I blame my urges to raid the pantry late at night for those I'm not really hungry but I'll find myself something to eat urges.

On an unrelated note I am feverish and my throat is killing me. I guess I had better make an appointment at the local Medical Centre. *Sigh* I do rather dislike being ill for no apparent reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users