27222 replies to this topic

Ғlịppy

Ғlịppy

Someone has to.

• Legacy Members
  • 6114 posts
  • Location20XX

84$?!?! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Yeah, games in Oz are more expensive than elsewhere. Sometimes I feel Germany takes #2 in that ranking.

"Hoffnung ist jetzt das schlimmste, was uns passieren kann."

Posted Image

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 4830 posts
  • LocationThe North
Someone should tell the Americans how much the rest of the world pays for consoles.

Prime3k

Prime3k

Prime

• Legacy Members
  • 1457 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK
Booked tickets for a mystery movie preview screening tomorrow night.

Please be Deadpool!

PSN: Prime3k
NNID/Origin/Steam: Pitchshift3r

mikebuttersbee

mikebuttersbee

Bad-ass Butters-bee

• Legacy Members
  • 3327 posts

Saw this on reddit...

Videogame music with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra,  The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Dragonborn Comes 

S4WI8.jpg

DIES TO HALF-MEN

Solo Wing

Solo Wing

The Vegemite Herald

• Legacy Members
  • 3825 posts
  • LocationBurn City, Victoria

Admittedly I did get the Deluxe Edition. Normal is $99.95 IIRC.

BannerFinal05_resized_zps94828ebd.png

Currently Learning: Network Programming (Java), Web Server Administration, iPhone Programming (Swift)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Destiny, Final Fantasy X

Currently Reading: The Third Kingdom: Richard & Kahlan series

Facebook - Xbox Live -  Steam

My Anime List

Never [be] cruel or cowardly. Never give up, never give in.

ᴡɪᴛsᴅ

ᴡɪᴛsᴅ

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 6378 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

I just realized today that I spent 800$ to build a nice new computer to play Fallout 4 and new shit on, and I have spent all my time playing Skyrim.......................

Same here. There are just too many mods for me to ever move on.
  • mikebuttersbee likes this
We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 4830 posts
  • LocationThe North

Same here. There are just too many mods for me to ever move on.

I understand what you're saying but after a long time of playing Skyrim it leaves me feeling kind of empty, like it's a good facsimile of a living world but it doesn't quite reach the point that I want it to of total immersion.

That and Morrowind will always be better. COME AT ME BRO.

• Ғlịppy likes this

ᴡɪᴛsᴅ

ᴡɪᴛsᴅ

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 6378 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

That and Morrowind will always be better. COME AT ME BRO.

Never played it, so I am immune to your shenanigans.
We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

mikebuttersbee

mikebuttersbee

Bad-ass Butters-bee

• Legacy Members
  • 3327 posts
I would enjoy a TES game that had all the regions in it.

S4WI8.jpg

DIES TO HALF-MEN

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 4830 posts
  • LocationThe North

Never played it, so I am immune to your shenanigans.

It is basically impossible to play by today's standards, it doesn't hold your hand whatsoever and the guild missions tend to be more narratively driven rather than designed to level that class. Which is fine if you're a fighter and the game wants you to clear out a cellar full of rats because you'll be levelling your weapon skills, being a mage it wants you to pick some flora and then asks you to do things which are super hard unless you have been levelling your combat magic, which the game never really prompts you to do.

But I love the world and tha characters far more than any other TES game, everything is so different and imaginative rather than feeling like stock fantasy tropes. And the main story is so much better than the games that come after it. When the Skyrim/Morrowind mod gets finished I would heartily recommend that you play it because it will make the game far less ugly and far more accessible.

mikebuttersbee

mikebuttersbee

Bad-ass Butters-bee

• Legacy Members
  • 3327 posts
Oh yeah morrowwind is way "harder" than skyrim.

S4WI8.jpg

DIES TO HALF-MEN

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 4830 posts
  • LocationThe North

Oh yeah morrowwind is way "harder" than skyrim.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, just in case it is I'll clarify.

I'm not saying that Morrowind is better because it's harder. I'm saying that I much prefer the world and story as opposed to what came after it, but I am saying that it is very hard to get in to now because it is so hard.

mikebuttersbee

mikebuttersbee

Bad-ass Butters-bee

• Legacy Members
  • 3327 posts

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, just in case it is I'll clarify.

I'm not saying that Morrowind is better because it's harder. I'm saying that I much prefer the world and story as opposed to what came after it, but I am saying that it is very hard to get in to now because it is so hard.

nope not sarcasm. 

I still do not think i have ever beaten the main story on morrowwind, i think i killed vivec once. hell i dont think i even know what the story is. I agree with what you are saying though.

S4WI8.jpg

DIES TO HALF-MEN

Ғlịppy

Ғlịppy

Someone has to.

• Legacy Members
  • 6114 posts
  • Location20XX

I understand what you're saying but after a long time of playing Skyrim it leaves me feeling kind of empty, like it's a good facsimile of a living world but it doesn't quite reach the point that I want it to of total immersion.

It's like an uncanny valley for world building.

It's trying to be a living world and it's doing good, but I don't feel comfortable. You run around and think "Well, there's something wrong with everything", kinda as if every person was replaced with a functional substitute of themselves. I'd rather have a fully scripted (more linear) world to lose myself in.

• Kris likes this

Posted Image

Solo Wing

Solo Wing

The Vegemite Herald

• Legacy Members
  • 3825 posts
  • LocationBurn City, Victoria

Bethesda really did making amazing strides with AI programming, though. Having several hundred models for characters to use as every day life choices is a ridiculous amount of work.

It's like... you know how you wake up in the morning and think about all the things you could do/have to do in the day? That's what almost every single NPC in Skyrim does. And those people are actually just one big computer!

Overall it wouldn't have been hard to create. I could probably make a fundamental AI that can make choices based on RNG and/or a certain factor, but the amount of things that they can do and choices they can make and the amount of times they make them during the day is staggering. It would have felt so overwhelming simulating confined free will.

BannerFinal05_resized_zps94828ebd.png

Currently Learning: Network Programming (Java), Web Server Administration, iPhone Programming (Swift)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Destiny, Final Fantasy X

Currently Reading: The Third Kingdom: Richard & Kahlan series

Facebook - Xbox Live -  Steam

My Anime List

Never [be] cruel or cowardly. Never give up, never give in.

Ғlịppy

Ғlịppy

Someone has to.

• Legacy Members
  • 6114 posts
  • Location20XX

Sure, that's why I used the uncanny valley analogy. It's pretty amazing to think about how (actually working) AI programming for video games is coming along, but when playing and trying to immerse in the world it just feels kinda... wrong to me.

Posted Image

ᴡɪᴛsᴅ

ᴡɪᴛsᴅ

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 6378 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
*Shrug*

I find that the real world fell down an uncanny valley some time ago.
  • Ғlịppy likes this

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 4830 posts
  • LocationThe North
For reasons beyond my control I am currently wearing a 49ers jersey drinking coors lite in preparation for the superb owl.

I am okay with this.

Relos

Relos

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1231 posts

superb-owl.jpg

• Bisected8, VirlomiEntreri and mikebuttersbee like this

mikebuttersbee

mikebuttersbee

Bad-ass Butters-bee

• Legacy Members
  • 3327 posts

For reasons beyond my control I am currently wearing a 49ers jersey drinking coors lite in preparation for the superb owl.

I am okay with this.

I like to think the Superb Owl is just a massive celebration for my birthday. 

S4WI8.jpg

DIES TO HALF-MEN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users