• Please log in to reply
21234 replies to this topic

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

God Emperor

• Moderators
  • 15638 posts
  • LocationIllinois

The days of my toaster (my PC) are numbered. Soon I'll actually be able to play something other than League of Legends.

My computer won't run binding of Isaac Rebirth.

The day of the holy upgrade is coming. Improve or be left behind. (even if I am only building a budget machine)

Post in the tech bench before you buy anything. GH and the others and I will criqitue. We will get you the best value for price. Save up for a 9x0 nVidia card. I will accept no build that doesn't have at least a 960 in it.

HAPPY: FINALLY GETTING MY HOUSE BACK

T͏hi͢s͘ sca͡r ̛iś ̛a͢ ́r̶emi͡ndȩr͏ ́o͠f t̡he̷ event͝s̢ ̀of̸ ̵Jań. ͜15th ̷t͏o̕ ̨22n͝d́, 2͟0҉1͜5̷.

CAD Reboot Survivor - November 7th, 2012 | First Forum Legend - January 11th, 2013 | First Forum Awardee - July 31st, 2013

The Law - October 31st, 2013 | OVER 9,000!!! - December 20th, 2013 | 10K+ February 4th, 2014

April Fool's Mastermind - April, 1st 2014 | FiH = Faith in Humanity | A Sleepy Story

If29DNO.jpg

pk1134

pk1134

Prophet of Golden Helmet

• Legacy Members
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationUtah

Post in the tech bench before you buy anything. GH and the others and I will criqitue. We will get you the best value for price. Save up for a 9x0 nVidia card. I will accept no build that doesn't have at least a 960 in it.

HAPPY: FINALLY GETTING MY HOUSE BACK

GH and I picked the parts together.

The only difference to what I've got going now is if the special RAM offer with my MoBo is still there when I order on the 12th I'll be swapping my 2x4 ram kit for an identical 8 gig stick for slightly less instead.

Posted Image

Amarus

Amarus

Sarcasm Included

• Legacy Members
  • 2128 posts
  • LocationFrance
Huh.
I somehow managed to wait for my train for once instead of doing my usual Indiana Jones style last minute pass while the doors are closing. That feels weird but somewhat good.

Steam ID: Amarus | uplay: Amarus_Kh | BattleTag: Amarus#2972

The forum's whiteness is too much for you? Well then, take a look at these two posts: 1 2
Annoyed that trying to open links in the homepage redirects your browser? Give this a shot.

Presea

Presea

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 4071 posts

GH and I picked the parts together.

The only difference to what I've got going now is if the special RAM offer with my MoBo is still there when I order on the 12th I'll be swapping my 2x4 ram kit for an identical 8 gig stick for slightly less instead.

you want two sticks because dual channel is a pretty big deal and you don't want to lose that.

1AvQw.gif

pk1134

pk1134

Prophet of Golden Helmet

• Legacy Members
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationUtah

you want two sticks because dual channel is a pretty big deal and you don't want to lose that.

I know. I said I was going to pick up an identical 8 gig stick for less than the 2x4 kit.

Posted Image

kitten

kitten

Honey Boo Boo Believer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2078 posts
Made pk's mum's cinnamon breads. Only I tweaked it a bit to make it gluten free (for my son).

It. Is. Delicious.

Thank you pk's mum! You made us very happy.

I don't go crazy, I am crazy. I just go normal from time to time.

~ Honey Boo Boo Jesus ~

pk1134

pk1134

Prophet of Golden Helmet

• Legacy Members
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationUtah

Made pk's mum's cinnamon breads. Only I tweaked it a bit to make it gluten free (for my son).

It. Is. Delicious.

Thank you pk's mum! You made us very happy.

Huzzah!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w62Bt6That's the build I'm using for my computer. The RAM is subject to change. I'm sticking with the AMD card because I've only had AMD cards and the one I'm on was a plowhorse and ran everything I wanted until the drivers failed on Vista and weren't supported on 8.1.

• kitten likes this
Posted Image

DullBlade

DullBlade

Ad Space for Rent

• Legacy Members
  • 4163 posts
  • LocationNowhere

I am soooo enjoying my revegeance...

Challenge Blog: ...soon to be posted

SteamID: DullBlade

Up for playing:

Borderlands 2, Torchlight II, Skullgirls, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Injustice (soon).

kitten

kitten

Honey Boo Boo Believer

• Members
  • 2078 posts

I am soooo enjoying my revegeance...

You mean vengeance? I like your version better. 

~ Honey Boo Boo Jesus ~

pk1134

pk1134

Prophet of Golden Helmet

• Legacy Members
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationUtah

You mean vengeance? I like your version better. 

Posted Image

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

God Emperor

• Moderators
  • 15638 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Huzzah!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w62Bt6That's the build I'm using for my computer. The RAM is subject to change. I'm sticking with the AMD card because I've only had AMD cards and the one I'm on was a plowhorse and ran everything I wanted until the drivers failed on Vista and weren't supported on 8.1.

You can get a 960 for $199.99. I haven't looked at the specs between a 960 and the and 285 but you may want to. If they're at all comparable, get the 960. A lot of devs are using nVidia Frameworks or PhysX which run like shit on AMD.

Also, I really want to talk you out of an F series processor. Can I do that please?

T͏hi͢s͘ sca͡r ̛iś ̛a͢ ́r̶emi͡ndȩr͏ ́o͠f t̡he̷ event͝s̢ ̀of̸ ̵Jań. ͜15th ̷t͏o̕ ̨22n͝d́, 2͟0҉1͜5̷.

CAD Reboot Survivor - November 7th, 2012 | First Forum Legend - January 11th, 2013 | First Forum Awardee - July 31st, 2013

The Law - October 31st, 2013 | OVER 9,000!!! - December 20th, 2013 | 10K+ February 4th, 2014

April Fool's Mastermind - April, 1st 2014 | FiH = Faith in Humanity | A Sleepy Story

If29DNO.jpg

pk1134

pk1134

Prophet of Golden Helmet

• Legacy Members
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationUtah

You can get a 960 for $199.99. I haven't looked at the specs between a 960 and the and 285 but you may want to. If they're at all comparable, get the 960. A lot of devs are using nVidia Frameworks or PhysX which run like shit on AMD.

Also, I really want to talk you out of an F series processor. Can I do that please?

I don't really care that the 960 is cheaper. I'm an AMD fanboy. The Nvidia framework is an issue but i'm not overly concerned since directx 12 is just around the corner.. I'm not planning on running any new game on super high settings.

Posted Image

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

God Emperor

• Moderators
  • 15638 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I don't really care that the 960 is cheaper. I'm an AMD fanboy. The Nvidia framework is an issue but i'm not overly concerned since directx 12 is just around the corner.. I'm not planning on running any new game on super high settings.

You monster.

If29DNO.jpg

kitten

kitten

Honey Boo Boo Believer

• Members
  • 2078 posts

oh.

meh.

~ Honey Boo Boo Jesus ~

pk1134

pk1134

Prophet of Golden Helmet

• Legacy Members
  • 1666 posts
  • LocationUtah

You monster.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s08EJfNq3R4i

• kitten likes this
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social