• 486 posts
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20121123

Posted Image

KilljoyZero

KilljoyZero

• Banned
  • 856 posts
  • LocationUnder you bed watching you jerk it
I know your ass did not just try to end the comic in it's entirety.

No way in hell you'd do that.
  • OverlordOfTrees likes this
Posted Image
My Vent server, for your use!
kosgaming.typefrag.com:59110
password is pork.

FlyingToastr

FlyingToastr

Newfish

• Legacy Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAincrad
I...What? Did that just happen?

This is where we find out that Ethan went to bed after walking in on the last 10 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey and had a nightmare, right?

Posted Image

Defenestration

Defenestration

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Did Tim just end the comic ?

tobiasgies

tobiasgies

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Between this and your facebook post, you nearly gave me a heart attack.

Then I read the facebook post again and realized that you indicated in no way that you'd actually stop doing CAD, just that you were thankful for over a decade of being able to do it. The old "I'm thankful" post, always popular on thanksgiving. Heh.

So I've come to the conclusion that you forgot to add "... of this dream" to the comic page and I can look forward to the resolution of this cliffhanger on Monday. Right? RIGHT?

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

Questioning My Path

• Moderators
  • 14,438 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I find it hard to believe he would reboot the forums, try a new news style, and a lot of other stuff and then just say he's done with it like that. The twitter post makes me think he's doing a "what I'm thankful for" thing and just making us suffer thinking its done.

On the flip side I'm totally off base and this last month has been the biggest mind fuck ever.

CAD Reboot Survivor - November 7th, 2012 | First Forum Legend - January 11th, 2013 | First Forum Awardee - July 31st, 2013

The Law - October 31st, 2013 | OVER 9,000!!! - December 20th, 2013 | 10K+ February 4th, 2014

April Fool's Mastermind - April, 1st 2014 | FiH = Faith in Humanity | A Sleepy Story

If29DNO.jpg

sard240

sard240

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlberta
This CAN'T be it. Why would you do this?
It's all what you make it.

GuyDing22

GuyDing22

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm so upset by this comic I had to make an account just to post on here. Please tell me you didn't end the comic with this dark, depressing ending. I've been a reader since your first comic. This is... this would be an amazing but depressing way to end such a great story
  • CakeSpoon likes this

Defenestration

Defenestration

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I find it hard to believe he would reboot the forums, try a new news style, and a lot of other stuff and then just say he's done with it like that. The twitter post makes me think he's doing a "what I'm thankful for" thing and just making us suffer thinking its done.

On the flip side I'm totally off base and this last month has been the biggest mind fuck ever.

Maybe He is ending this series and starting a new one. Regardless, unless we hear it straight from Tim we have no idea. Personally, I don't think Tim would end the entire series that way. It's too ambiguous, It has no conclusion. Judging from the past few weeks, Tim is a much better storyteller than that, And also, I think Tim would make it clear that he is ending the series either in a news post or here on the forums. CAD is his bread and butter afterall.

VirlomiEntreri

VirlomiEntreri

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 2,593 posts
  • LocationAlabama
What is this, I don't even...

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/<-- Check out Star Citizen. Pledge!

Kitty

Kitty

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have so many feelings but no words.

KilljoyZero

KilljoyZero

• Banned
  • 856 posts
  • LocationUnder you bed watching you jerk it
My guess is that it's going to be Ethan waking up in the basement covered in blood, safe and sound in his time frame.
Posted Image
My Vent server, for your use!
kosgaming.typefrag.com:59110
password is pork.

Sideromelane

Sideromelane

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
If shutting down the machine from inside the field causes everything inside the field to be destroyed, then there is no way to continue. Game over. (Edit: on second thoughts, even if it *IS* an alternate timeline, it would only be able to exist with past-ethan still exisiting himself right? For the uprising to happen it would NEED an Ethan to cause it. Or would the rules of causality mean that future-Ethan created the branch in time by going back and kidnapping his past self? (This is the trouble that the Sarah Connor Chronicles got into, too many time-loops and branches with people from alternate timelines spawning NEW timelines that sent people back to generate new timelines!))

However, if future Ethan was LYING, maybe KNOWING that being inside a collapsing field would send you into the past...? Either he thought he could take past Ethans place (replacing him on that leg of time, and ensuring the robot uprising never happens) or else he thought there was like, a 50/50 chance he would be destroyed/sent back to replace past Ethan he may have felt that was a justified risk.

As it stands, I cannot see the comic just ending like that, not without another massive new project to replace CAD and it would be unlikely to succeed even if that was the case - fan outrage would strangle it at birth.
So yeah, what KILLJOYZERO said. Past Ethan wakes up in the basement. Hopefully WITHOUT amnesia...

RyanSky

RyanSky

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys!

I just had to register for this one, even though I'm here for years now.

Wow, what a comic today. There are some extremly beatiful pics in this one, especially the "Lilah at kitchen table" and the "wedding picture". Just awesome !

Hardly doubt it will end, but if it does ... what a fkn epic ending :-)

Keep it up, Tim (... hopefully ;-))

PurpleDaemon

PurpleDaemon

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I for one can't wait for the start of Tim's next project, Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
  • Amarus and Mr. Sambo like this

Trey_Ashton

Trey_Ashton

• Legacy Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTexas
What the fuck...

What the FUCK!

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Who... I can't even...

Goddammit, what, with the Nostalgic Critic ending earlier this year, and now 'possibly' CAD ending with all of the lead-up to like a psychotic significant other who ups and ends things one day randomly.

Can't say I'm happy, but at the same time...

No warning. Just *BAM* Ending.

...IF that is the case.

If not... Then we have a nice weekend to sit quietly, twiddle our thumbs, and wait.

This REALLY is jarring. Not in the way though.

Hell, I don't even know...
  • Mr. Sambo likes this
Posted Image Just my luck...

Zeta42

Zeta42

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
This can't be! First Mass Effect 3, then Assassin's Creed 3, now Ctrl+Alt+Del?! This year is cursed!
Please Tim, don't let it end like this.

Captains_Log

Captains_Log

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Man this is the best ending ever! Blam out of nowhere. Ripping at your emotions like they are a plaything for a dog.
  • CakeSpoon likes this

Zakristone

Zakristone

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Please let there at least be an epilogue.

I would be cool if Tim would just switches to another timeline.

Ethan on Timeline #368: "I just felt something strange, like I died... twice."

Onihikage

Onihikage

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
GOD DAMN IT TIM ORDER MORE FORUM BANDWIDTH

Oh, and today's comic is pretty fucked up nasty. Really tears out your heartstrings and strangles you with them. /rageaboutthewrongthing

Also, why is it that the moment I make my account, my avatar is already the same as it was on the last forum, but I apparently don't have permission to view profiles? Is that normal?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users