• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6764 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

Everyone has some uncommon opinions. Something that isn't popularly held. So what is your uncommon opinion?

For me: I hate cheese. Hate it. Absolutely horrible stuff.

(Side note: political opinions don't count! This thread is a politics-free zone.)

The "L" stands for "Value".

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 6358 posts
  • LocationThe North

Is this another thread designed to tease me? Is it bully Kris week?

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 9110 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

FFVII wasn't that great

Dalton Bond is best Bond.

Edit: Probably.

• Azraelle and Prime3k like this
We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

*McKay*

*McKay*

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 10949 posts
  • LocationPerth : Western Australia

Don't be such a Kris about it.

Vegemite is yum

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 6358 posts
  • LocationThe North

Batman isn't an interesting superhero. Liquorice and all things aniseed are delicious.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6764 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

Common opinion: I love Kris and wish he would be my best friend. If he ever moved near me, I would regularly (and frequently) invite him over for many beers.

No teal.

I'd even buy him some liquorice (technically salmiakki) vodka.

• Kris likes this

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 9110 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

I'm agreeing with far too much in this thread.

Not vegemite though. If I moved to Aus, they would probably forcibly remove me for my hatred of the stuff.

Still, I've always wanted to see Nauru.

We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6764 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

I think I just hate most food.

Except for the food that I love.

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 9110 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Beer is bad. So bad that no-one actually likes it, they are all just suffering from some kind of hop-based Stockholm syndrome.

• Dace, DullBlade and Sammo909 like this

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6764 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

beer_2x.png

Mmmm, this is such a positive experience! I feel no social pressure to enjoy it at all!

Bearwhale

Bearwhale

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1034 posts
  • LocationNovi, MI

Beer is bad. So bad that no-one actually likes it, they are all just suffering from some kind of hop-based Stockholm syndrome.

Hoppy beer is bad. Malty beer is good. Specifically,

VkRdcwS.jpg

Also, melted brie with bread and grapes is a meal. There's two uncommon opinions.
  • Bisected8 and Kris like this

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 9110 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

VkRdcwS.jpg

Just one dragon?

• Bearwhale likes this

Tarnagh

Tarnagh

Eldest

• Legacy Members
  • 8664 posts
  • LocationArkham Assisted Living Center & Shoggoth Refuge

Don't kill spiders in my house. They live here. You don't. 

• Vn70072 likes this

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Maybe we should make a universal rule that teal is now the sarcasm colour.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6764 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

Don't kill spiders in my house. They live here. You don't. 

My Granny used to say the same thing.

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 6358 posts
  • LocationThe North

You are allowed to be wrong. Now if we were talking about whiskey...

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 9110 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Also bad. I can only assume that it has destroyed the tastebuds of the people who drink it to the point where it is the only thing they can taste.

Sambuca is the only acceptable spirit, though amaretto can be tolerable in smallish quantities.

Piestein

Piestein

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

I don't discriminate alcohol.

As for beer, it has its very specific purpose. There are times when you can drink only beer. There are times where you can drink only wine.

There are also times where, realistically, you can only drink vodka (that would be at a polish wedding, if what I hear is correct).

As for an unusual opinion, I don't know really. The closest thing I can get to is that I genuinely enjoy my job. If I was single, I would probably spend all day on it.

PixelOrange

PixelOrange

God Emperor

• Moderators
  • 17460 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Back the fuck up. Whiskey is delicious.
  • Piestein likes this

T͏hi͢s͘ sca͡r ̛iś ̛a͢ ́r̶emi͡ndȩr͏ ́o͠f t̡he̷ event͝s̢ ̀of̸ ̵Jań. ͜15th ̷t͏o̕ ̨22n͝d́, 2͟0҉1͜5̷.

CAD Reboot Survivor - November 7th, 2012 | First Forum Legend - January 11th, 2013 | First Forum Awardee - July 31st, 2013

The Law - October 31st, 2013 | OVER 9,000!!! - December 20th, 2013 | 10K+ February 4th, 2014

April Fool's Mastermind - April, 1st 2014 | FiH = Faith in Humanity | A Sleepy Story

If29DNO.jpg

Kris

Kris

Deliciously British

• Legacy Members
  • 6358 posts
  • LocationThe North

Unlike witsd with beer I want to like whiskey and I have tried so many many times, it just ain't gonna happen.

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 9110 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Unlike witsd with beer I want to like whiskey and I have tried so many many times, it just ain't gonna happen.

I have tried both with an open mind on multiple occasions, but no.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social, uncommon opinion, political free zone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users