• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Presea

Presea

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 4798 posts

http://www.foxnews.c...llegations.html

Much like Megyn Kelly and Greta moving from FNC to MSNBC, this is yet another big blow to the network for sure.

zrV2Ywm.gif

Bisected8

Bisected8

puella ridicula viridisque

• Legacy Members
  • 3373 posts
  • LocationThe home of red cheese

I was going to put this in the funny image thread, but I might as well save myself a walk:

tumblr_oop22pw8RR1s9c6nao1_1280.jpg

• Golden Helmet, Tarnagh, wistd and 2 others like this

GrimReaper801

GrimReaper801

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
It does not indicate any higher standards from fox news.

The difference is keeping him can lead to people boycotting FNC. Lower rating, less money, etc, etc. You can't do the same with the US government.

Rest assured if they could keep this piece of crap there without any fear of repercussions, they would.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6764 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

The difference is keeping him can lead to people boycotting FNC. Lower rating, less money, etc, etc. You can't do the same with the US government.

Rest assured if they could keep this piece of crap there without any fear of repercussions, they would.

So the argument is that the standards aren't higher, but that the level of the public accountability is stricter?

• Bisected8 likes this

The "L" stands for "Value".

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

Bisected8

Bisected8

puella ridicula viridisque

• Legacy Members
  • 3373 posts
  • LocationThe home of red cheese

Maybe the standards and public accountability are the same, but the FOX executives kept hearing Bill's name and thinking "What do you mean, "Oh really!"? Take this more seriously!".

Vn70072

Vn70072

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

So the argument is that the standards aren't higher, but that the level of the public accountability is stricter?

Imagine how poorly some regular people would do their job if they knew they could only be readily replaced once every four years and only by one other candidate.

zerocnc

zerocnc

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1734 posts

Maybe the standards and public accountability are the same, but the FOX executives kept hearing Bill's name and thinking "What do you mean, "Oh really!"? Take this more seriously!".

They are taking it more seriously, he's getting +$20 million in his severance package.

Riven_zps8094ee18.pngyoutubeSig_zps377ac3a8.pngTwitch_zps80160af7.png

Presea

Presea

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 4798 posts

says a lot for his salary.

I read that his contract's severance was equivalent to 1 year of salary.

He will be fine, he makes plenty off of books anyway, would be interesting to see if his future sales do as well without a show to plug his new books.

If I had his money, I would totally retire at 69 and just enjoy the rest of my life.

zrV2Ywm.gif

kelarius

kelarius

Forum Legend

• Legacy Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationSomeplace you are not.

He'll either go to talk radio to continue spewing his bullshit or he'll make like Glen Beck and start his own news channel.

I lurk, therefore I am.

Tarnagh

Tarnagh

Eldest

• Legacy Members
  • 8664 posts
  • LocationArkham Assisted Living Center & Shoggoth Refuge

A whole lot of this, really.

It's worth noting that Fox didn't give a damn until they started losing money from advertisers pulling their ads from O'Reilly's segment.

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Maybe we should make a universal rule that teal is now the sarcasm colour.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, fox news, the oreilly factor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users