console war

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

James Rye

James Rye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Woha, the Nins are better than expected. After the critic regarding the design but the praise of the Zelda game I expected the new Nin Soldiers to be armed really well, but to actually screw it up somehow at the end. But it looks like they got a sort of "elite zombie army" going here. I wonder though what happens if the Xbones hit the head which means the headless bodies can't take over the destroyed heads. Would then headless Nins wander around unable to do anything or could they still somehow to be able to aim without eyes to see?

Urazz

Urazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Yeah, if anything, they seem a bit too organized because from.  I've seen reviews mentioning the flaws of the system which are numerous along with the limited number of release titles so I'm wondering how good it really is doing.  The new Zelda game has high praise but it is the only major title available right now.  I only know one person who has the Nintendo Switch so far.

I agree with you James Rye, I kind of expected to see new Nin Soldiers armed with really good fire arms right now (Zelda) but being kind of stupid (the flaws and criticisms the system suffers from).

Tim

Tim

There are some who call me...

• Administrators
  • 600 posts

What flaws? A few dead pixels, scratched screens or un-syncing left joycons? I haven't seen reports to suggest those issues are widespread, or outside the norms for new product launches.

Posted Image

Vincent Van Ghoul

Vincent Van Ghoul

Newfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

What flaws? A few dead pixels, scratched screens or un-syncing left joycons? I haven't seen reports to suggest those issues are widespread, or outside the norms for new product launches.

True enough, the console doesn't have any major flaws, apart from maybe the weaker hardware and the games seem to generally cost more for the Switch. Dunno if that would have any bearing on how the Console War story will progress.

Nintendo did state that the whole left joycon thing was a flaw at the manufacturing level, but they've fixed the mistake. So there's probably a little batch of joycons out there with the built in defect.

Nothing like the good ol' Red Ring of Death however, so the Switch army is probably gonna hold its own for a while against the Xbots and PS4s.

Readout

Readout

Leader of the resistance

• Legacy Members
  • 6764 posts
  • LocationThe Deep North

I'll accept the "weaker hardware" argument when I can play an Xbox One or a PS4 on the bus. For a portable console, the hardware is bloody amazing.

The "L" stands for "Value".

Nobody can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you type. Which is why they invented teal.

Readout's list of done-to-death-and-beyond topics: Feminism, Sexism, Social Justice Warriors, Racism, Trump vs Clinton.

James Rye

James Rye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Yeah, if anything, they seem a bit too organized because from.  I've seen reviews mentioning the flaws of the system which are numerous along with the limited number of release titles so I'm wondering how good it really is doing.  The new Zelda game has high praise but it is the only major title available right now.  I only know one person who has the Nintendo Switch so far.

I agree with you James Rye, I kind of expected to see new Nin Soldiers armed with really good fire arms right now (Zelda) but being kind of stupid (the flaws and criticisms the system suffers from).

I expect the PS4s to hold themselves better against the Nins though. Horizon Zero Dawn was a really good game even if it came out three days before the new Zelda game, it is still a well made game. I liked page 58 that showed all the scary ghost stories the soldiers made up about the "undying" Nin soldiers. xD

As for myself, I thought more of the comic where you made fun of where Nintendo put the what was it, the pause/menu button on the controller? Which is more of a design flaw than internal software or hardware flaws.

But what I think the real problem gonna be is numbers. I mean, there are way more sold PS out there than high-tech Nin, same with Xbox. Sure the Nin's success will hurt the sales of both Xbox and PS4 a bit as shown with page 56 but they already have a market in which Nintendo has to get into. What matters to the Xbox high command that a couple Xbones died if they still got millions of soldiers same with the PS high command when the Nintendos only got a couple hundred thousands soldiers that do the real work as their predecessors just aren't on the same level as your average XboxOne or PS4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: console war

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users