85 replies to this topic

Tallgeese_lll

Tallgeese_lll

Insane Asylum Escapee

• Legacy Members
  • 2491 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between reality and insanity

http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-39580594

Terror attack on Borussia Dortmund, one of Germany's (and by extension Europe's) best football teams.

Yup heard about that after I watched Juventus destroy Barcelona yesterday. Glad to see there were no serious casualties.

But only in their dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be.

eJwFwbsOgjAUANB_6X7b0rdsjA4sLiZuDZTSCJT0

Anime List

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 8737 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Terror attack on Borussia Dortmund, one of Germany's (and by extension Europe's) best football teams.

Is this like when a small brat child gets murdered and we are only allowed to say nice things about how popular they were, and not mention the time they brought a gun into school?

• Bisected8 and Kris like this
We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

Axeman

Axeman

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8740 posts
  • LocationA German no longer in Switzerland

Is this like when a small brat child gets murdered and we are only allowed to say nice things about how popular they were, and not mention the time they brought a gun into school?

Nah, they are ok.

Compared to Bayern.

"The Germans dive deeper – but they come up muddier"

Wickham Steed

wistd

wistd

Forum myth

• Legacy Members
  • 8737 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Two days before the French election, another seeming terror-related shooting. One might almost start to think that the terrorists want a far-right candidate to win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-39662315

We've already boiled communication down to acronyms, emoticons and shrtnd sntnces, all of which are simply more efficient ways of transmitting the PLEASE AUTHENTICATE MY EXISTENCE signal from the fragile core of our souls out into the wider world. Maybe the next stage is to reduce it all down to a single noise. I'd favour a short, electronic beep, not unlike the noise emitted each time Pac-Man eats a dot.

Bisected8

Bisected8

puella ridicula viridisque

• Legacy Members
  • 3204 posts
  • LocationThe home of red cheese

Two days before the French election, another seeming terror-related shooting. One might almost start to think that the terrorists want a far-right candidate to win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-39662315

If you want to go to war, why wouldn't you want an enemy who wants one as well, and will drive people to your banner?

• Bearwhale likes this

Piestein

Piestein

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Dortmund's organiser was just a market speculator, apparently. Some person who placed a lot of bets that the shares would fall.

Not a terrorist attack in the end: but ofc, few will remember that part.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, terrorism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users