- Dace, Presea, chimaro and 33 others like this
Jump to content
Posted by Golden Helmet on 27 November 2012 - 07:59 PM
The Rules: Follow Them or Die
#1: Common Decency is the basic law of the land. This means no excessive flaming, carrying on petty vendettas, cross-forum/website drama, trolling, or any other childish behavior Exactly what constitutes a violation will be judged on a case-by-case basis, but if "Common Decency" is a tough concept for you to grasp, you aren't welcome here.
#2: "Official" threads can only be created by moderators / admins, unless prior permission is granted. Any unauthorized "Official" threads will be locked and/or deleted.
#3: No homework threads / posts. We're not going to do your research for you.
#4: Do not necro dead threads. A thread is considered dead when it has not had a reply for more than 14 days. The exception to this rule is if you're posting an update to the original post.
#5: If something is NSFW, CLEARLY MARK IT AS SUCH. There is no such thing as too much warning. If something is excessively NSFW, ask a mod before posting.
#6: Threads with the "DEBATE" tag will be held to stricter standards of conduct than normal threads. If you can't debate like a grownup, take your ball and go home. (Hell Fury will be adding the specific rules shortly)
#7: The Moderators Are Not Your Personal Army. Threatening to report someone / involve the mods in some way will bring our wrath upon you. We are spiteful beings. If someone is breaking the rules, just use the report button; the report system is VASTLY improved over the old forums.
#8: Game / list threads are allowed now; however, games that revolve around post counts / who posts next / last / etc are forbidden. "The last person to post wins!", "The person below me is ___", etc are examples of bad games.
#9: Rape jokes can act as a trauma trigger for individuals sensitive to the matter. Rape jokes are allowed but must be placed within spoiler tags and a warning must be given because a user cannot know if spoiler tags are blocking a rape joke or a spoiler without a content warning. Below is an example of correct usage of the spoiler tag for a rape joke (minus the rape joke). [rule added by Hell Fury]
Warning: Rape joke ahead.
Warning: Rape joke ahead. [spoiler]hello![/spoiler]
Contacting a Mod / Ban Appeals
If you feel that you've been banned unfairly or as a result of a misunderstanding, you're welcome to appeal your ban via e-mail (making a second account is not the answer). If you're appealing a ban, please be sure to include your username and a link to the post / thread that you were banned for.
If you have any other questions and for whatever reason you can't PM a mod, e-mail is your friend.
Our emails are:
- Hell Fury: CtrlAltDelTWH@gmail.com
- Golden Helmet: CtrlAltDelTML@gmail.com
- Angelsea: CAD.Angelsea@gmail.com
- PixelOrange: ThePixelOrange@gmail.com
List coming when I'm not in a hurry to get out the door
Posted by mikebuttersbee on 05 December 2012 - 01:04 AM
Posted by Golden Helmet on 31 October 2013 - 02:58 AM
Older members will remember "The Noose." This is the same basic concept, but with less meanness.
For you new guys, the idea here is simple. Whenever a member gets banned, there will be a post made here with the members name, a link to the offending post, and when they will be unbanned. When that persons ban expires, the post in here gets deleted.
This way, whenever someone gets sent away, you guys can just check here instead of wondering why X person was banned.
Just some general disclaimers:
- Unlike the original Noose, the idea here is not to add one more layer to a persons punishment. This is not a "Wall of Shame." This thread is only here for informational purposes. Once your ban has expired, the post about your ban will be deleted.
- Permanent bans will be displayed here for a bit longer, but they too will go away after a while.
- If you notice that a persons account shows as banned, but the duration of the ban has passed, please let us know. The forum software is supposed to unban people automatically, but it acts funny sometimes and doesn't do it, so we don't always notice.
- As always, if you feel you have been banned unjustly, you're welcome to email the mod who banned you and make your case. Our emails are in the stickied Rules thread.
If you have any questions or complaints, feel free to send me a PM.
Posted by Evinta on 28 December 2012 - 10:47 AM
Posted by Tim on 07 November 2012 - 07:57 PM
Posted by Golden Helmet on 08 November 2012 - 02:49 PM
Posted by Tim on 23 July 2013 - 06:26 AM
Posted by Golden Helmet on 08 November 2012 - 02:58 PM
Posted by Belhamel on 13 March 2014 - 08:10 AM
I'm not trying to be hipster. I didn't watch TV for almost ten years, apart from the occasional cycling Sunday with my family. This piece of electronics is simply outdated for me.
Most american shows are delayed for over a year in Europe, often releasing out of sync. Just downloading them is far easier and in a legal vacuum until they're licensed (which doesn't always happen). Even for licensed shows, buying the DVD box set or watching netflix is often 6 months earlier than any cable canal.
Next comes the dating a machine. I stopped doing that after my WoW period. I will never, ever, date a machine again. I don't schedule my life around a show if I can schedule the show around my life through netflix or legally grey downloads.
Furthermore, youtube nowadays has a lot of very good channels and shows for all kinds of topics instead of the ones the cable company decides makes most money. I can watch StarCraft and Chess commentaries instead of boring soccer. I can watch Day9 instead of soap operas, my wife can stream her soap opera at any time of the day. CGPGrey and Vlogbrothers beat discovery channel on every topic. Youtube is chock full of extremely good content.
As for video game consoles: hdmi. I can just hook them up to my computer monitor.
Teletext, weather forecasts, news, ... all that can be got on my smartphone in a compact and better way.
That leaves around 50 euros a month not spent on cable.
So imho it's not "hipster" to not own a television set. The machine doesn't have a unique purpose anymore.
Posted by Tim on 07 November 2012 - 07:36 PM
Posted by Scythe on 28 January 2013 - 10:06 PM
Posted by Thumb on 20 January 2014 - 10:11 PM
Who wants some free stuff?
My store currently sells customized controller cases and buttons for wireless Xbox 360 controllers. We are going to be discontinuing them and switching over to Xbox One and PS4 merchandise in the next 2-3 months.
For an example of what I am talking about you can check out:
So here's the deal. We have one of each type of controller available set up for display as well. Since the inventory is going out of stock the display models are going to get tossed since we can't sell them. Instead of just tossing them in the trash I would prefer to give them away to the folks here on the CAD Forums.
There are a few catches!
- These are controller cases, not full controllers! So this means removing the existing case from your controller and putting the new case/buttons on it. (Super easy and there's a video on our site if you need help).
- Since these were display models the buttons and other internal parts have been hot glued and even melted to the case in order to hold together when people touched them. I've cracked a few open and found that many of the buttons and what not popped out just fine and can still function in an existing controller or even in the case they came out of. Here's what they look like on the inside all melted together:
- Everything comes AS IS! You can pirate whatever parts you want from what arrives to you and use it but please no complaining if it's not all usable. It was free!
- You pay shipping! I Imagine within the U.S. it should not cost over $5. I have never shipped internationally and we will figure out how that works and what it will cost if you want something. I do have a Paypal account and I just don't want to lose money shipping stuff to people.
- I'm doing this because I like the awesome people here and would like to spread some smiles!
- If you ask for one now you may not get it for a few months. I can only remove the display model when the inventory is gone and I can't predict when that will happen. I'll keep in contact with you and let you know when that does happen and when it's shipped.
- You can only get one case! Don't be a greedy bitch!
- You need to have at least 30 posts and an avatar here to get one! I want only real CADites asking for this stuff!
Here is a list of the color combos I have available, if you want one just PM me which one. As they are claimed I will strike them off the list.
Chrome case/White Buttons
Chrome case/Black Buttons
Chrome case/Pink Buttons
Chrome case/Orange Buttons
Chrome case/Gold Buttons
Gold case/Purple Buttons
Gold case/Gold Buttons
Gold case/Gold Buttons
Green case/Yellow Buttons
Green case/Green Buttons
Black case/Black Buttons
Black case/Chrome Buttons - Bart_T
Black case/Pink Buttons
Black case/Orange Buttons
Black case/Yellow Buttons
Black case/White Buttons
Purple case/White Buttons - Kris
Purple case/Black Buttons
Purple case/Pink Buttons
Purple case/Gold Buttons
Pink case/Purple Buttons
Pink case/White Buttons
Orange case/Blue Buttons
Orange case/Black Buttons
Orange case/White Buttons
Baby Blue case/Baby Blue Buttons
Baby Blue case/White Buttons
Baby Blue case/Blue Buttons
White case/Blue Buttons
White case/Pink Buttons
White case/Purple Buttons
White case/White Buttons
White case/Red Buttons
Blue case/Orange Buttons
Blue case/Baby Blue Buttons
Blue case/Green Buttons
Yellow case/Black Buttons
Yellow case/Baby Blue Buttons
Yellow case/White Buttons
Red case/Black Buttons - PixelOrange
Red case/White Buttons
Red case/Yellow Buttons
Red case/Chrome Buttons
Red case/Gold Buttons
If you want one please PM me and don't post on the thread. If you have questions or comments just post here. Thanks!
Posted by PixelOrange on 11 December 2013 - 04:39 AM
Posted by Asperoth on 01 March 2013 - 04:55 AM
Posted by Kris on 12 January 2013 - 10:04 AM
Posted by Golden Helmet on 08 November 2012 - 06:25 AM
Posted by PixelOrange on 25 September 2013 - 12:41 AM
Posted by Tim on 27 November 2012 - 05:03 AM
Oh yeah, it really touched people's lives. Definitely. They learned important life lessons about the proper way to level your shaman in WoW and not using cheat codes. Good to see that Lilah got to keep her dreams alive. You know, her being a professional gamer and all. Or maybe having a family and life of her own. Nope it's just a church with Ethan as Jesus for her.
Posted by Flïppy on 19 July 2013 - 04:17 PM